Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival (w/ The Maine, State Champs, Mayday Parade, The Wonder Years) Tour • Page 23

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I think all of the new special guests are now playing first in place of L.I.F.T.!

2. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Still nothing to Anaheim. It only has 6 bands as of now

3. cameoutswingin

Regular

I would have thought they would have added a bunch to Anaheim now. Swanfest did 7500 tickets at that venue apparently, would think they would try to make that last date a big one.

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This festival will do well but only if it’s not annual

5. Joshua

Regular

It also went on sale about a month after the other shows did, so releasing tickets after the hype died down and after disrupt got announced isnt helping that particular date. I'm sure theres gonna be someone added to that date though, they could be holding off on another tour to finish

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, I would go to this on a yearly basis, but I don't know if it's a sustainable business practice. The dynamic they have is cool for a one-year tour, or maybe every 2-3 years?

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

Sad Summer 2 next year will be something like

All Time Low - Neck Deep - Real Friends - Knuckle Puck and then whatever undercard

pauljgreco, Brent and theasteriskera like this.
  8. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I feep like it'll be sustainable if they keep prices this low (under $40), and drastically vary the lineup or even genre year-to-year.

That way casual fans of any one genre/band won't burn out, they won't recycle bands as often as Warped, and it'll be easy for people to just go in the afternoon to see the headliners. Meanwhile die-hard scene kids still have a replacement for warped

theasteriskera likes this.
  9. nomoretape

Blackpink is the revolution

I just want the wonder years to be added to that date.

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  10. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I thought they would have been added after back to beach passed but guess not.

11. All Time Low sells out these venues on their own. The rest seem accurate.

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I was trying to think of an Alt Press/nostalgia type band to replace Maine/Mayday. Maybe a Waterparks/Good Charlotte or something

13. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

aren't the Maine the ones organizing this? If that's the case it would shock me if they got bands that would hike the ticket price, they seem like they're more interested in doing stuff that's super inclusive for all of their fans.

Those guys run a great business as a band and it wouldn't shock me if they were able to run a not-quite-WT fest that had like 10-15ish bands with 3-4 mid/upper tier headliners that are a step below those 5k/night rooms yearly and still turn a decent profit.

theasteriskera likes this.
  14. bkaeser93

Trusted

Kind of hoping someone else gets added to Orlando maybe We The Kings

15. bkaeser93

Trusted

Hotel booked, train booked, ticket purchased I can’t wait!!!

16. crash53456

Regular

I could totally see that happening. WTK need something to replace Warped for them.

17. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

They should just re-record their debut album for its 12th anniversary.

pauljgreco, oldboot and crash53456 like this.
  18. meggers

Trusted

If you haven’t purchased a ticket yet, use code SADSMMR for $5 off. Doesn’t work for the nyc show or the after parties. Deal is good through June 5th.

rbarlyo likes this.
  19. emojedi

Trusted

Have twy been officially added to Michigan yet?

20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Yes

21. rbarlyo

wawa defender

Did Twy ever get added to NJ?

22. cameoutswingin

Regular

Looks like it from the FB event page, Grayscale is also listed so it appears to be accurate and up to date

rbarlyo likes this.
  23. bkaeser93

Trusted

The Rocket Summer is teasing a tour announcement for tomorrow. Anyone think they will be added to this?

24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

No chance.

25. bkaeser93

Trusted

What makes you say no chance? I don’t think he will be added but it would be cool if he was.