Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Festival 2020 (All Time Low / The Story So Far / Movements / The Maine) Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Blink182Bouncer, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I must have seen 6 off days in the last 3 years then.

Dirk Lyle and HalfHearted like this.
  2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, they've definitely been trying to get away from the Pop-Punk/Emo label and position themselves in the Alternative/Teen Pop scene with Halsey, 5SOS, Lauv, Troye Sivan, The 1975, Blackbear, etc.

3. TSSF are great live cause they're really tight. You don't have to do acrobatics and yell stupid shit at the crowd to put on a good set.

theasteriskera likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

TSSF is boring and the 2012 Glamour Kills tour fit them because the venue was small. That being said, I'm usually too into the music to care a lot about how boring they are.

theasteriskera and tyler2tall like this.
  5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

My favorite thing about seeing TSSF every year or two since 2012 is how they went from being a band with zero stage presence to being a band with barely any stage presence.

6. koryoreo Feb 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 24, 2020)
    koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I will take boring TSSF over cringy Waterparks any day.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Story So Far doesn't need stage presence. Their crowds do all the work.

Also they're the most engaged they've ever been nowadays. Would also like to echo how great they were on both their 2018 headliner and at Riot Fest.

8. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

That works when you headline or are billed higher up on a festival, but it's real risky to take that mentality when you open or are billed lower. All I heard from people who went to the Coheed/TBS shows was how boring TSSF was.

9. andysoto523

Regular

TSSF recently played Long Beach, CA for an Xmas festival with a bunch of hardcore bands and they were super energetic at that show. No barricade either.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

TSSF is a live band entirely dependent on the energy the crowd gives them. When people go off, it's great. When people are sticks or unfamiliar, it's...not great.

rbarlyo likes this.
  11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Im not huge into TSSF and echo that I think they are “boring” live, but they did sound really tight at Disrupt last summer and put on a great set.

12. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

when they played Disrupt last year Parker spent the set standing like Liam Gallagher and quoting Letterkenny. Take that how you will (although it's better than karate kicking someone off the stage?)

zachmacD, emojedi and Maybevictor like this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

At least Parker doesn’t spell his name Pwrker

rbarlyo, JaggySnake83 and koryoreo like this.
  14. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

TSSF bored the fuck out of me at Warped 2016 and almost ruined my enjoyment of them.

They were my favorite set at Disrupt last year. And were MUCH more engaged.

15. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

At Riot, Parker was staring directly into the mid day sun & stood still with his hands behind his back most of the set. The crowd had the sun to their backs & went absolutely nuts, & there were SOOOOO many people there.

16. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

So I guess the booze got to me on the timing & it was late afternoon, but the sun was in his eyes lol. I took this pano because I couldn't believe that many people were seeing TSSF

Attached Files:

pauljgreco and Chcurry182 like this.
  17. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

You love to see it!

18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Anyways, announcement at noon today-- getting super pumped right now!

lindsaylove081 and Chcurry182 like this.
  19. SPine

Trusted

I've never been bored during a TSSF set because I'm always in the pit.

theasteriskera and Jonny Sniper like this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

Update: Destroy Boys are also on that Against Me / Baroness tour as an opener for half of it, and are pretty awesome.

21. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I got a notification for Anaheim date July 18

nomoretape likes this.
  22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Guess I’ll be traveling for Grayscale 3 times this year.

23. andysoto523

Regular

Fri July 17th in Sacramento at Papa Murphy's Park. Lineup for that date is All Time Low, The Story So Far, The Maine, Yours Truly, Grayscale, and Destroy Boys.

I don't follow this scene really but this is a 10k general admission soccer field. I know ATL and TSSF are big draws but can the combination of all these bands draw 10k?

I enjoy TSSF and i have a bunch of friends who will probably go to this so I'll most likely tag along.

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes

25. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The goal is not to draw 10K ... well, I mean ultimately it is ... but it's to draw more than any 5K-6K venue would allow. They know they're not going to sell every ticket.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.