Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sad Summer Fest Outlines Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sad Summer Fest has outlined a code of conduct for the tour this summer.

Sad Summer Fest has a zero-tolerance policy for sexual assault and harassment of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, intimidation, non-consensual photography or recording, stalking, physical assault or battery, rape, repeated disruption of festival events, unwelcome attention or physical contact, bathroom policing, and offensive language used as a method of violence directed at any individual due to, but not limited to, their sexual orientation, race, religion, appearance or physical attributes, disability, citizenship or nationality, gender, gender identity, gender presentation, or age.

The incredible folks at @OurMusicMyBody teamed up with us to create the Rules Of Sad Summer Fest. Respect each other. Learn more at https://t.co/Q5Lst3Qa3h pic.twitter.com/EToTLOMWlk

— sadsummer (@SadSummerFest) June 26, 2019

2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Good with everything but...

"non-consensual photography"

As a photographer, this is hilarious. I mean, I'm not going there to specifically take photos of people in the moment, but c'mon... these are outdoor shows, and if cops can't stop people from taking photographs I doubt a festival could.

Ska Senanake, Pepetito and DearCory like this.
  3. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Basically human decency. Also what is bathroom policing?

4. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

"non-consensual photography" refers to upskirt photos, bathroom cams, etc. All sadly common.

basic human decency that many festivals have yet to achieve once ever, so it's nice that they're outlining and keeping an eye on it. bathroom policing is when people take it upon themselves to harass trans people using their bathroom of choice.

5. timcsheehan

Regular

So many commas.

Brent likes this.
  6. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

It's clear to me (and hopefully all of us) what "non-consensual photography" means, but it should worded better and more explicit in the explanation from a legal perspective.

Butinsmallsteps, Brent and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Right. Perhaps they could have phrased it as "non-consensual, indecent photography". Obviously, no one is going to be upset that they might end up in a crowd shot if you're recording videos of a song or something along those lines.
    I actually had to look this one up. I had badly assumed that were relatively interchangeable phrases, but after reading a bit more, I understand the distinction between them.

Side note: I'm glad they went ahead and published this so they can kick out people who violate these rules, and I'm super excited about the show July 5th in Dallas.

Brent likes this.
  8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

They need to further elaborate on the photography item.

Brent likes this.
  9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I thought it was clear, but apparently not.

10. DerekIsAGooner Jun 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2019)
    DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

When someone buys a concert ticket isn’t agreeing to the usual standard concert photograph in the terms of agreement associate with the ticket purchasing? Therefore, when a person goes to a concert they have already given consent to possibly appear in photos taken by press covering the event.

So in conclusion, any photos other than those by press that are taken without consent fall under “non-consensual photography.” If you do something bad you should face consequences.

Plus, a concert/festival usually has the ability to kick a person out for whatever reason, so if you’re taking inappropriate pictures of another person without their consent I don’t think the threat of a lawsuit will keep you from being kicked out.

11. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Ah, yes, the good old “bad people will always be bad so we shouldn’t try to deter them or make others feels safe at all” stance.

12. Zetsu

Registered Pokémon Champion

lmao how can you have TWO days of this fest at the masquerade in Atlanta... there is a history of behavior from their security allowing crowd killing and assault of women. good fucking luck and I will not attend either day. this is a joke.