Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

sA1nts & sA1lors [Archived] • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Atlanta traffic the literal worst. I generally try to avoid it if I can, but the worst part is definitely the parking situation.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

3. Dog with a Blog

No it doesn’t. When you are drunk, your body rejects carbs. Don’t you know this?

4. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

No

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. Yasqueen4

Trusted

IMG_20180120_110529391_LL.jpg Caturday/I need new shoes

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Eating two cups of spinach for lunch, co-worker is eating onion rings. I'm gonna die.

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Not being able to eat those delicious onion rings would make me want to die too

tucah, Dirty Sanchez and Yasqueen4 like this.
  10. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

@everyone

Yesterday I had one of the worst days of my entire professional life. It might have actually been the worst day, I can't say for certain because immediately at 5pm I tried to block the entire day out and not think about it. I have so much stress going on in my personal life with the logistics of packing, moving, securing funds to pay for deposits and fees and other various moving expenses and coordinating dates and plans with my parents and family who are so generously helping me moving halfway across the states (and i've been a short and irritated asshole towards that they do not deserve at all, but especially right now). For the last two weeks after works I've gone straight home to clean and pack. I haven't had time to go to the gym and properly destress. I haven't had the energy or time to cook so I've been ordering in shit food or eating shit fast food so my body is all sorts of grossness right now. I'm breaking out from stress, poor diet, and lack of exercise. About the only non-stressful time I get is at night when I play PS4 with @tucah , @Anthony_ , @CoffeeEyes17 , @dadbolt , @ChaseTx and others. But then I usually end up staying up later than I should, which is completely on me and no one else, and then the lack of sleep only increases my stress due to tiredness ten fold.

When I'm not home and stressing about all that, I'm at work where I've been trying to wrap up all my projects and making sure I don't have any outstanding emails, follow ups in my desk inbox, and packing up my personal items. I went from 170+ emails from the Friday that I missed at work to fly out to interview and I had just 1 as of 5pm on Friday and 14 more have came in since 5pm to now so that's awesome. Three of which are meeting requests for Monday and Tuesday when I need to be wrapping up my personal stuff. I still have to figure out all that I've missed that I've been neglecting from my desk inbox so that'll be what I have to focus on on Monday morning depending on how long these meetings go on for.

On top of that, our City is doing a remodel of City Hall next month. The Departments have been slowly moving out of City Hall and as part of that process, they are going through hundreds of drawers, cabinets, shelving units, and entire rooms of records and wanting to get those put in the Records Center instead of taking them with them. Since my primary duty is the records management for the City, I have been fielding calls and emails left and right asking how to basic things like index a box or fill out a sharepoint form that I covered with these people just a year ago in training that I put on. I have been moving carts and carts of boxes of records all over City Hall for weeks now. I finally moved the very last box for the last department left in City Hall (besides us in Admin) at 5:05pm on Friday.

On top of all of that, over the last several months my relationship with the City Attorney (who I work more closely with than my own boss, the City Clerk, because about 80% of my time is reviewing, processing, and formatting every single contract and council agenda items that Departments submit before the City Attorney can review them) has been strained. My boss has informed me over the last month or so that the City Attorney has been constantly throwing me under the bus and blaming me for glaring omissions and mistakes in the contracts or Council items to not just my boss, but to the Department Directors during Directors Meetings as recently as this past Wednesday, and even all the way up to bringing me up to the City Administrators and the fucking Mayor multiple times since I've given my two weeks. My boss has had to meet with all of them to discuss what is going on since they're being told I'm making so many mistakes and "dylan doesn't understand contracts as well as he should and things are getting missed."

[side note:
    The thing is, it's their fucking job as the god damn City Attorney to review the content of the fucking contracts. I'm not an attorney, I literally cannot and should not be the one responsible for determining if a fucking legal contract that the City is being asked to sign on to is okay or not. So the fact that they're trying to blame me for their mistakes has pissed me off so fucking much. The one thing I have no problem bragging about is that I do my job really fucking well and I make sure I know as much as I can and ask anytime I don't. The fact that they are trying to diminish my name and my credibility and respect that I have earned with the Directors and the Administrators and the Mayor over the last few years made me irate.

Thankfully, my boss loves me and knows I do my work, I know what I'm doing, I do it well, and I am catching things in contracts that the City Attorney is missing, I'm just not catching every mistake that they are missing in the contracts or making themselves and I'm getting blamed for not catching it is ridiculous and she's gone up to bat for me in every meeting and I was told that the Administrators and Mayor were concerned because they all know how hard I work and how much I know so to hear that from the City Attorney was surprising because they didn't think that sounded like me at all but they needed to check with my boss to make sure if it was accurate or not. My boss couldn't say anything to me during that time since it was obviously a sensitive and confidential matter, she only told me about a month ago to "be very careful with your work with the City Attorney and make sure you are only doing the processing, I know you know to look for things that aren't your responsibility and try and fix them, but I need you to only do what you've been tasked with doing form here on out." Back then I was really confused because I enjoy going above and beyond and thought I was doing a poor job or something. Now it's all starting to make sense why and it makes me so fucking pissed how vile, sneaky, and backstabbing the attorney has been this whole time while never talking to me about my "mistakes" directly and giving me a chance to defend myself and my work. So that's just a cherry on top of my work related stress.]

Because of that strenuous relationship, the Administrators have decided that when I leave, our current administrative assistant is going to be the new assistant for the attorney and all the contract and council processing is going to the AA and that way the issues the attorney is claiming I'm making will be ultimately responsible to the attorney since everything will be under their supervision and not my bosses.

So, on top of all of the above, I've also been tasked with training our Administrative Assistant on the contract and council processing over the last two weeks. It has been going.........extremely, frustratingly poorly. Part of that is on me because I get short when I have to answer the same question multiple times or have to explain what I mean when I tell them "open up file explorer" and they don't know what I'm talking about. Part of that is the short deadline I have on top of all the other things going on at work and that I'm trying to wrap up myself that I listed above. Part of it is that this AA person lied on their resume when we hired her several months ago when she put on there that she was proficient with word, excel, and sharepoint. She DIDNT KNOW WHAT I MEAN WHEN I SAID DRAG AND DROP THE WORD DOC INTO SHAREPOINT! So on top of teaching her the process I'm also teaching her basic computer skills now too.

She's getting frustrated, which I understand, but I can't help that. She is constantly asking me if I have time to meet at her desk to cover more things and getting mad when I say "give me a minute, I'm trying to wrap up this thing for so-and-so" and she walked back to her desk and when I come by she's like "oh, finally get some time? good because I need a lot more time." and I have to tell her, unfortunately we don't have that luxury but I'm doing the best I can and I'm sorry. So we'll sit down and for 2-3 hours a day for the last two weeks covering every minute step of the process and making sure it's detailed and outlines in our OneNote that we use to log process steps and information for the Department (IVE EVEN GONE THROUGH AND MADE SCREEN RECORDED VIDEOS OF ME DOING THE STEPS AND EMBEDDING THEM IN ONENOTE FOR AN EXAMPLE).

The thing that drives me up a fucking wall is that when I get time to sit down with her, she wants to cover the steps we've already covered several times the last few days in front of me again and again and again. I've told her "go ahead and do the steps you know how to do before I come over there so we can cover the next step of the process and not waste my time watching you do steps you should already know how to do." Nope. She'll still pull up her outlook as soon as I sit down and have me watch her fucking save email attachments of word docs to her sync sharepoint folder and ask me what's next. 4 days in a row she did that last week.

Thursday afternoon we covered the final steps, I wrote down questions she had and parts of the OneNote that were unclear and I fixed them or answered them and made EVEN MORE SCREEN RECORDED VIDEOS FOR HER to reference. She then had the fucking gall to go the city attorney (since she'll be reporting to the attorney once I leave and working with the attorney on all the contracts and council items from here on out) yesterday morning and tell the attorney I "trained too quick" and I'm "setting [her] up to fail after leave." So the City Attorney sends this huge email to me, the person I'm training, and CC's my boss saying they were told I'm training too fast and I need to go back and sit down with her again and to let her know when I've finished training every step because she was told I skipped steps and we're not done training. I responded back "I did. I finished training on the last steps of the process yesterday afternoon. I also trained on these additional steps for after processing as well. I will be working from now until tuesday to wrap up my personal tasks but if you have specific questions about specific steps, I can answer those via email so you can refer back to it going forward from here."

So since then the City Attorney requested two meetings for monday and tuesday at 5:05pm yesterday after I had left so I couldn't talk to my boss about the meetings until monday when they're scheduled for. Some super passive aggressive bullshit. So both the City Attorney and the person I've been training for the last two weeks have been trying to throw me under the bus for their mistakes or to use me as a scapegoat for issues after I leave and I know my name is going to get thrown around all the time after I leave with all the people I worked really hard to build positive working relationships with the last two years. I'm fucking so done with the both of them too and my boss is as well. I can't wait for tuesday so I don't ever have to put on a fucking happy professional face in front of the city attorney and the administrative assistant ever again. fuck them. fuck everything going on. i've gone home several nights this week mentally and physically unable to bring myself to do anything other than lay in bed with the lights off. I can't even take a nap or fall asleep because my mind is so stressed, anxious, and depressed, i just have been laying in bed so tired and unable to bring myself to do anything more than lay there.

So after dealing with all of that on Friday, I understandably didn't have time to check this thread for what, maybe a few fucking god damn hours? And then when I do get to take my lunch break and get away for a little bit to hit my steering wheel in my car and almost cry because I'm so stressed and pissed and overloaded and finally check chorus to get my thoughts off of that toxic work environment, how do you think I fucking reacted when I saw people who I thought were my friends and would cheer me up, stalking my name of google and using my picture that i've never shared on here from a professional networking website as some sort of joke as their avatar and photoshop my face on other avatars, tag me incessantly giving me almost a hundred notifications that only stressed me out even more when I logged in, and seeing everyone talk about me and sharing my picture like it's a joke? How do you think I reacted when I saw that, how do you think I felt after dealing with everything going on at work seeing and having to sift through your jokes at my expense? It's not your fault I've been having an extremely shitty time at work and it just happened to line up with you all doing that, but what do you think my fucking reaction was from that shit?

11. dylan

It was actually the most hilarious thing I have seen you all do ever and it was the first time I laughed all day and I'm sorry I missed out on it and didn't give you all the props and dylan rant you deserved for your effort. Thank you for cheering me up, even if it was just briefly while I sat in my car for an hour and read through the post, on one of the shittiest days of my life and thank you for worrying about me, asking about me, and texting me for those that did. I'm really lucky I have this place and have you all as frien- I mean internet associates. I love you all.

Colby Searcy, Joe4th, ChaseTx and 8 others like this.
  12. dylan

Did I scare you all there at the end of that first post, though? @Anthony_ and @tucah said I should do it when I asked them about trying to get you all worried you legit made me made yesterday as payback. Please let me know if I was successful.

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

love you too dude. we missed ya.

14. Shrek

I was initially worried but than realized you live to get a rise out of us and were likely in your bunk

15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i knew you weren't mad but you still got me by the end. hope the move goes smoothly and things are much better in your new location/job :heart:

16. Shrek

it’s fucked up that the big plot of the thread finale wasn’t resolved until the thread premiere. way to ruin literally everything @dylan

Colby Searcy, Joe4th, dadbolt and 5 others like this.
  17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

what would a finale be without a good cliffhanger?

18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

:heart:

we were all really worried about you. i asked Chris/Shuttz to text you to make sure you were ok and the rest of us tried getting up with you as well just because we know how stressed you are, now even moreso since youve laid it all out. joe told me about the picture of you as an avatar thing and we all panicked because we thought you were actually really really really mad at us and ignoring us lol. im sorry youve had a really rough couple of weeks and i hope theres still that light at the end of the tunnel like we talked about the other day.

All Love From Me :heart:

Colby Searcy, Joe4th, dadbolt and 4 others like this.
  19. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

tucah joe and i were on PSN panicking

Colby Searcy, Joe4th, dadbolt and 2 others like this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Waiting on a customer to come pick up this dumb thing so I can go get some dumb food. This person is dumb

21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

he didn't even mention @Joe4th i think he really does hate him

Colby Searcy, Joe4th, ChaseTx and 4 others like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

Fuck you dude. I just felt like a complete piece of trash lol. Anyways man, we love you and I’m genuinely sorry that you are going through all that shit. Thankfully there is an end date in sight.

Colby Searcy, Joe4th, ChaseTx and 6 others like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I was about to apologize for all the times I've been perhaps a bit mean to you but now I don't have to, jk hope today is better

Colby Searcy, Joe4th, ChaseTx and 6 others like this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel like y'all would appreciate this insanely dumb thing I did
    [​IMG]

25. Shrek

when the fuck am I getting invited to a ps4 chat you fucking pricks

Colby Searcy and dylan like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.