Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ryan Adams Band • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by neo506, Mar 31, 2016.

1. abw123

Trusted

Ryan just strikes me as one of those ADHD creative types (no offense intended) for lack of a better term who is always going to be changing things up even when working well. I'm sure he thought the Cardinals were great too......but he's always boppin' and movin', you know? I just wish he'd go back to them at some point. OK to do both! Some Cardinals, some non. Give us the whole repertoire, man. I'm sure he writes some songs that would be better served with that full band sound and others that don't fit in that particular box

2. Blaine Ryan

He seemed all-in on the Cardinals for a long time. I remember he talked about wanting their records to be labelled just "The Cardinals," without his name attached. And about Neal Casal possibly starting to contribute songs. This was during the Cardinology era, I believe. I'm not sure what happened there.

3. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

4. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Ugh. Why?

5. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Am I the only fan who doesn't really care about "Blackhole". I'd obviously listen to it if it ever surfaces, but I'd rather three brand new and recent albums.

It also seems pretty weird that he's premiered 2 new tracks and we still can't pre-save "Big Colours" on Apple Music.

6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I think the fan obsession over Blackhole would’ve slowly died off for most fans if he hadn’t hyped it up again last year, even posting the cover art for it on his Twitter and saying he hoped we could hear it soon.

That’s just mean.

7. jordanjohnson09

Regular

coleslawed and nl5011 like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Anyone in SoCal knows, this is perfect timing

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

10. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit, a JM solo. That will be awesome

11. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

12. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

7" that comes with some versions of Big Colors with 2 additional non-album tracks "Anybody Evil" & "The Opposite of Love" -->

Big Colors LP + 7" (Black)

13. irthesteve

I really like Fuck The Rain

alphab0t and nl5011 like this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Love Fuck The Rain. Has that catchy guitar that Ryan is so good at writing.

nl5011 likes this.
  15. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I love the lyrics, and how every thing resolved with ‘flowers for brains and permanent sunshine’. Kinda odd ball structure that Ryan is so good at.

16. djgeneral

Regular

can anyone send me "Doylestown Girl" and "Manchester"?

17. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

[​IMG]

18. irthesteve

is there going to be a different channel in his discord for each shitty thing he's done? can the site even handle that?

Matt Chylak and Orla like this.
  19. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

"I would like to invite you to my private discord server where we discuss our favorite pedophile" is not a good look

20. brendanmachow

not a doctor

ryan is that you?

21. I'd join a Mandy Moore discord someone make that instead

ChaseTx and coleslawed like this.
  22. DaydreamNation Sep 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 9, 2021)
    Jk please don't hold me to that, I've been invited to discords before and the platform is so confusing to me guess I'm old lol (slash just not a gamer so it's foreign territory)

23. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Why am I subscribed to this thread?

dpatrickguy likes this.