Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ryan Adams (Cancelled) - Big Colors (Also Cancelled) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jan 18, 2019.

1. THW Dec 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2020)
    THW

This is the only album I've been able to check out so far but this is fantastic! Thank you!

I figured I wasn't the only person going through this same thing. What was your first dance song? I will definitely check those out. I've heard a lot about Noah Gunderson over the years but never really checked him out. I'll have to fix that.

I actually really loved "Die Midwestern" when it came out as a single but I didn't know the album was out yet. I'm gonna have to check that out! I'll check out some John Moreland too

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions! You may now return to (rightfully) flaming this man and his sad attempt for a comeback that no one ask for

neo506 likes this.
  2. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Start with his full-length Ledges and work your way forward slowly.

Also, I've been recommending the Ken Yates album Quiet Talkers from this year to basically everyone haha. Given your stated tastes, I think you'd be into it.

3. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

@THW we did a short dance to "I love you, but I don't know what to say" from Fire & Ashes. Not our favorite album from him by any means, but it fit the vibe. Curiosity got me this afternoon and I streamed the new RA album on YouTube using VPN. It's a snoozer to be honest.

There are way too many other good artists out there that deserve support.

If you're looking for that alt-country sound, the album "Apologies" by David Ramirez may scratch that itch. Also gotta plug Katie Pruitt who released an amazing album this year.

THW and neo506 like this.
  4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Some good suggestions so far. I'd add Will Hoge (particularly Draw the Curtains and The Wreckage), John Fullbright (Songs), Travis Meadows (First Cigarette), and Jon Latham (Lifers).

And Jason Isbell, of course.

5. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

This was a surprise release. Taylor releasing on the same day couldn’t have planned because it’s not like this was some grand comeback entrance that was being advertised and hyped.

Also, you can’t tell me that this isn’t Ryan’s burner.

Despite singing one of my 50 favorite songs of all time, his last few albums have admittedly been middling, so I have little interest in a new album on purely musical purposes. Isbell’s Southeastern is better than all but two of Adams’ entire albums.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

that burner account fails to mention his sexual abuse of a 15 year old for multiple years when he was 40, but sure whatever bud

7. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

And also like, yeah, all those other people are bad, too.

coleslawed and Jim like this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

you don’t have to listen to this. you really don’t. i promise you it’ll be okay.

Zilla, neo506 and Carrow like this.
  9. prattsy

Regular

He also had a burner account when he first fell and was responding to Mandy Moore and stuff and she actually replied to it and said something like "Ryan! We know this is you and this is so pathetic" or something. I tried finding it but must've been deleted as it was 2+ years ago now probably

irthesteve and neo506 like this.
  10. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Oh, I forgot the most important "Listen to this instead of Ryan Adams" pick of all: Silver Landings, the amazing Mandy Moore album from this year that he wouldn't let her make because he was too much of an insecure prick!

11. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Two Fridays left in the year. How much you wanna bet he’ll dump Big Colors and the other album?

12. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

I remember Mandy doing that as well but I haven't found screenshots yet. But he did it under Tod Wiesenbakers IG too

Is Ryan Adams sh*tposting on his ex-guitarist’s Instagram under a fake name?

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

holy shit those tweets are pathetic

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. THW

Yeah that’s a great first dance song. Hopefully the baggage from its writer hasn’t tarnished what should be a beautiful memory for you guys.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I’ve got lots of great music to dive into over the coming weeks.

heywassuphello likes this.
  15. BoldTitan

Trusted

How can a musician be so tone deaf? Lol

16. phaynes12

ask the people who took jesse lacey’s picture last month

17. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Gotta say so far I'm glad that none of the larger publications have drawn attention to this dropping. The only one I've seen is NME and they are less than reputable so that's really not much of a surprise

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. phaynes12

it’s gonna drop and be forgotten in a week like most of his albums the last decade before the allegations should have been

19. Matt Chylak

Lol it's defffffinitely his burner. Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 9.49.24 PM.png

Brent, Zilla, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  20. Matt Chylak

Another reminder that for every story you hear, there are often so many folks who never talk about their shitty experience. It’s never just the ones who come out.

Orla, Carrow, phaynes12 and 1 other person like this.
  21. prattsy

Regular

Good lord. This guy

Edit: No let me add on. This is pathetic to levels I can't currently compare it too. Ryan Adams was a MASSIVE part of my life and the last few years have put him from a most played to literally haven't played a second of his music.
    I sometimes wonder to myself if there's any way back for him in my eyes and I don't think so. Stuff like this burner account (his THIRD since the FBI stuff) is unbelievable. The guy's almost 50, no? I don't know what to really say but it's both infuriating, disappointing, pathetic, hurtful... it goes on. What a loser

coleslawed and neo506 like this.
  22. djwildefire

Trusted

@THW I’d echo Craig and others and say Jason Isbell and Ruston Kelly. Andy Shauf, Fionn Regan, Kathleen Edwards, Katie Pruitt, Lori McKenna, The Milk Carton Kids, The Rosebuds, and Courtney Marie Andrews would be worth looking into as well. Phoebe Bridgers has a song that references him off her first album.

23. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Isbell and Old 97's also have songs that reference Ryan Adams ("Chaos and Clothes" and "Crash on the Barrelhead", respectively).

24. djwildefire

Trusted

Forgot about “Chaos and Clothes”!

Matthewconte likes this.
  25. djwildefire

Trusted

This just popped up on my Spotify for no reason other than that I used to listen to his music before the allegations were brought to light. The fuck?

EE9C24B8-B520-4635-8229-6E704A1ED33A.png