Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ryan Adams (Cancelled) - Big Colors (Also Cancelled) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Jan 18, 2019.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

there's something EXTREMLY satisfying about him releasing a new album tomorrow, only to be outshined by Taylor and absolutely no one is going to pay him attention.

2. Carrow Dec 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2020)
    You love to see that kind of shit. Hope it bombs.

e: lmfao the thread title change

Craig Manning and irthesteve like this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Title needed some work.

Orla, Matt Chylak, ItsAndrew and 10 others like this.
  4. I came in here to see who did that and I am laughing quite hard about it

5. irthesteve

phaynes12 and Craig Manning like this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Taylor Swift confirmed genius...this was her plan all along.

irthesteve likes this.
  7. I'm actually discussing this with someone rn... could be a coincidence and hilarious if so but maybe it was planned...?

ItsAndrew likes this.
  8. irthesteve

I don't think there's any chance that Taylor would pick this day specifically to overshadow him, but it's a great side effect

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

hell yeah, now let's get the thread titles for other artists like A Day To Remember, Machine Gun Kelly, blink-182, and Pinegrove also updated like that

coleslawed, Zach, Contender and 6 others like this.
  10. Craig Manning

Not a bad idea, actually. I don't know as much about the situation with any of those artists, but I think some sort of disclaimer might be worthwhile.

Matt Chylak and Anthony_ like this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

get his ass

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

ADTR:

MGK: tweets sexualizing minors
    blink-182: guitarist is friends with nazis, band was featured on an XXXTentacion song, drummer is a unashamed public defender and supporter of XXXTentacion
    Pinegrove: credible allegations of sexual coercion, plus additional survivors that have not come forward yet

Carrow likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

im out of the loop. what'd blink do?

edit: nevermind, thanks. fuck.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Skiba can d*e imo

Brent, mad, CarpetElf and 1 other person like this.
  15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

take barker while you're at it.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Really glad I hadn't heard anything of an attempted comeback or this album-- until looking at this thread, that is. But it was worth the laugh.

irthesteve likes this.
  17. Craig Manning

Will read up on some of this stuff later and figure out a course of action. Thanks!

18. THW

This may be the wrong place to post this but Ryan Adams' music meant so much to me for so much of my life. My wife and I did our first dance at our wedding to "When the Stars Go Blue", he was one of my go-to's whenever I needed some "sad bastard" music to listen to, and he's basically one of the few artists that my Dad and I could both ever agree on. Then the New York Times story hit and I haven't been able to listen to his music since.

I've since spent the last nearly two years trying to find some alt-country music that could give me anything close to the feeling I used to get when listening to his music. So my question to everyone is, do you have any recommendations for artists to fill this hole in my musical life? I understand this is a trivial problem to have compared to the irreparable harm this man has caused so many people but any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Craig Manning and neo506 like this.
  19. Craig Manning

Give Ruston Kelly a shot, if you haven’t already.

20. THW

Ruston's newest album is great! One of my favorites of the year for sure. Anything else you're enjoying at the moment?

Craig Manning likes this.
  21. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Not really that similar, but when this is asked for this genre I always plug Emily Scott Robinson

Orla and Craig Manning like this.
  22. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

I feel ya man. I was a huge fan. My wife and I bonded over his music and also had one of his songs as a first dance.

Like Craig said, check out Ruston Kelly. Also older David Ramirez, Noah Gundersen. Those really helped fill that void for me.

23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Don't know David Ramirez but Ruston Kelly and Noah Gunderson are both great.

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. jdr2187

jdr2187

John Moreland
    Arlo McKinley

25. Dog Fish

Mutt

I guess this is what happens when a creep covers an entire album of a class act. Ass tries to make a comeback, said artist says nope.

irthesteve likes this.