Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rx Bandits Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

great setlist too

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

The really cool thing they did, which isn't easily notated on setlist.com, is that they start the encore with Decrescendo, but when the song is about to have the last little guitar solo before the big ending, they transition into the next song in the encore, then after all the encore songs they finish up Decrescendo in the big way you expect. Just kinda cool way to like, sandwich the encore between Decrescendo

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

That sounds awesome.

Looks like a pretty cool setlist though, personally, I would prefer a few more Mandala songs. Think I'll put it together as a playlist and jam it later today.

arewehavingfunyet and beachdude like this.
  5. irthesteve

The show also made me really, really, really want a new album from them. Or even an EP, just anything really. I can't believe the last album was EIGHT YEARS ago. Last time I saw them live was that long ago also, so wild.

Elder Lightning and beachdude like this.
  6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Another tour, another show, and another time we learn they clearly despise their breakthrough album Progress.

I've never seen a band more without hearing most of my favorite songs.

Are there any interviews in regards to this? Did they hate their time on drive thru? Or like cringe at their pop punk/somewhat ska era?

7. irthesteve

@domotime2 I am sure a big part of it is that Matt and C-gak were the only two members of the band on that album, Choi and Troy joined after that album. It's been that core four for every album after that, so it's understandable that Choi and Troy wouldn't really want music they weren't a part of

Jackbo487, beachdude and domotime2 like this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

I thought I saw it was Fazzi playing bass for them on this run again

9. irthesteve

Oh yeahhhhh, forgot that Fazzi was playing this tour. Regardless, Troy is still the 4th member of the band, just not touring. I guess technically, Fazzi didn't play on Progress either hahaha

Elder Lightning and beachdude like this.
  10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

They played 2 songs off Progress which is honestly 2 more than I would have expected. Ha!

11. irthesteve

They said it was because they were back in Orange County (where the band was formed) and played them in honor of anyone who went to their shows at Chain Reaction back in the day. Said their saxophonist persuaded them to do so haha

12. Jackbo487

Regular

hey, I was pleasantly surprised to see Nugget busted out, that was a treat. Always dig whatever they dust off from Progress, as I know/assume they've largely "moved on" from it by now.

LA show was incredible, so good to see them back in action after a while. And hopefully new music, too (if you take anything @SargentHouse has been posting on IG as anything more than just hopes, which I do).

13. chewbacca110

The Resignation 20th anniversary tour? Would love that.

Phantoms and Jackbo487 like this.
  14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Progress? Please?

Phantoms and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. HueyLewis

Regular

There’s not a band in the world that I would rather get a new album from more than these fellas.

16. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

What Huey fucking Lewis said.

17. chewbacca110

When RX announces something concrete, I want Huey to break the news.

Phantoms and HueyLewis like this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Snagged that Resignation repress immediately. Too bad it’s not shipping til late February of next year lolz

HueyLewis likes this.
  19. Jackbo487

Regular

the last like 3-4 years have seen tons of IG videos from Steve & Matt with guitar jams & recordings but nothing has come of it...with Matt also taking part in a lot of Dispatch activity during this same span, I never understood what all this IG activity was, but I've long held out hope it's for new RX material ...

HueyLewis and Phantoms like this.
  20. irthesteve

Something's happening, they posted a "rumble rumble" on Instagram........

Phantoms and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. irthesteve

Phantoms and chewbacca110 like this.
  22. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Jesus Christ. The 10th anniversary tour doesn't even feel that long ago lol.

23. chewbacca110

That is certainly happening.

See y’all in Chicago!

24. Jackbo487

Regular

as my avatar may suggest, I am very much looking forward to these

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Probably gonna fly out for the Santa Ana show. I love this record so much and this band is always a blast live.

Phantoms and Jackbo487 like this.