Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rx Bandits Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by atlas, Jul 13, 2016.

1. atlas

Trusted

These guys don't have their own thread for some reason. But now they do! Yay! ....ATBB 10 year tour later in the year. I'm already there.

2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I don't think I"ve ever listened to these guys before. They're kinda mathy/proggy, right?

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

used to be a ska band, became a really cool proggy band.
    listen to mandala

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'd say listen to everything from The Resignation forward, but Mandala is definitely their most proggy.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah, everything from Resignation on is excellent

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

battle begun was a defining album for me in HS... hopefully its a big tour because everyone NEEDS to see these guys jam live. its incredible.

7. Horrorca

Trusted

Battle Begun is definitely their best - balancing the hxc, prog and ska elements in a really fun way

I really appreciate them because The Sound of Animals Fighting

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

battle begun ten year!!!!!!

[​IMG]

9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Progress is fun and I really like Gemini

10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

IMO, still the most talented band out there today.

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

If you want a good introduction, I would honestly start with their last album Gemini, Her Majesty. Slightly poppier than previous albums but it really encapsulates their sound in a more concise manner. That said: I think And The Battle Begun is their masterpiece.

12. bedwettingcosmo

why??

amorningofsleep likes this.
  13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I'm not a fan of this

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

oof thats no good

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Apparently judging by the comments he wasn't touring with them last fall either? Bummer.

16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Chris is a monster.

17. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

That's a huge blow. He has such a unique style and seemed like such an integral part of their sound. I didn't know until recently that he hadn't played with them this past year, but thought it might have been due to scheduling conflicts and outside commitments. Sounds like it's creative or personality differences, or another member lost due to a drug problem. Matt is now the sole original member.

18. bedwettingcosmo

i wonder why it is...i was stoked they added on an SLC date but i probably won't go now. chris is like half the reason these guys slay so hard live

19. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Yeah, no question about that. He kept the jams going. I already bought tickets, so it will be interesting to see how this affects the show. This album is their most jammy and came from an era where their live shows seemingly didn't slow down.

20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Ahhh poop sticks.

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Did he play with them on the Circa tour? I can't remember.

22. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Doesn't sound like it from what I've read. Saw comments on his post saying that, and that they sounded like a cover band without Chris. Uhg.

23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I saw them on that Circa tour and they definitely sounded fantastic. I wouldn't worry too much. Definitely a bummer though.

24. bedwettingcosmo

25. kyyuulle

Recreate The Heart

Bummer, but as a dad myself, 100% relatable. When it comes to financial instability on the road and being in a band in general, I couldn't imagine the uncertainty knowing that I'm on the hook for the support of my family.

I expected nothing less than The Banditos to support Chris' decision.