Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

RX Bandits - "...And The Battle Begun" 10 Year Anniversary Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 27, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Jul 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

09/24 - Berkeley, CA @ UC Theatre
    09/25 - Sacramento, CA @ Ace of Spades
    09/27 - Portland, OR @ Star Theater
    09/28 - Seattle, WA @ Chop Suey
    10/01 - Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
    10/03 - Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theater
    10/04 - St. Louis, MO @ FUBAR
    10/05 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
    10/06 - Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot
    10/08 - Wantagh, NY @ Mulcahy’s Concert Hall
    10/10 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
    10/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
    10/12 - Boston, MA @ Wilbur Theatre
    10/14 - Atlanta, GA @ The Loft
    10/15 - Orlando, FL @ The Beacham
    10/16 - Lake Park, FL @ Kelsey Theatre
    10/17 - Tampa, FL @ State Theatre
    10/19 - New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
    10/20 - Houston, TX @ Numbers
    10/21 - Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill
    10/22 - San Antonio, TX @ Alamo City Music Hall
    10/24 - Phoenix, AZ @ Crescent Ballroom
    10/28 - San Diego, CA @ SOMA
    10/29 - Los Angeles, CA @ Teragram Ballroom
    10/30 - Los Angeles, CA @ Teragram Ballroom

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is something I may need to jump on.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Can't wait, glad there's a Michigan date.

4. Jackbo487

Regular

yasssssssssssssss

5. timaeus_drache

Damn, I'd love to see this but I don't think I can drive three hours for it on a Tuesday. Not with Strike Anywhere and Bad Religion the week before.

6. NIce! Great support too.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

TO ALL THE RX BANDITS FANS:
    I'm sorry to say, it looks like I wont be playing drums on this upcoming tour with RxB. You guys are the best fans in the world, and as a drummer I have always felt much love from you all. Unfortunately things didn't turn out the way I would have liked. Perhaps I will see you all sometime soon on tour with another project or band.
    In the mean time, you can reach me and find out about all the other stuff I'm working on through my website- www.c-gak.com
    Thanks

8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

NationalPhenomenon and Davjs like this.
  9. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Not sure how I missed the above post. It's a relief to hear it's nothing personal or a drugs problem that's keeping Chris from playing with them. Still bummed that he's not playing, but I understand and can respect that.

Has anyone been able to catch any of the shows? I haven't seen any setlists posted elsewhere. I'm going to be seeing this on Monday and was hoping I'd have an idea of what the encore will consist of.

10. atlas

Trusted

Anyone been to this yet and know how long the show goes?

11. NationalPhenomenon Oct 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2016)
    NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Went tonight in Lawrence. Show was billed to start at 8, but didn't start until 830. Catch the opener. They're an instrumental group from Ireland and are incredible. By far one of my favorite openers I've seen having never listened to them prior to tonight. They played until about 915.

RxB started at 945 and played til 1115. Encore consisted of Ruby, Stargazer, Taking Chase and Decrescendo. Phenomenal show. It's a shame they didn't draw well. There were less than 100 people there in a venue that holds over 1000. Matt commented that they should have played in someone's backyard instead.

Edit: Was surprised to find out Joe isn't playing with them in addition to Chris. Little disappointed to find that out, but the replacement was as good if not better than Joe. The horn players are the same ones they had for the Resignation tour, too.

12. atlas

Trusted

Matt Fazzi is the guy playing bass. Wow.

13. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Oh wow, had no idea. Dude is very talented and seemed to be having the time of his life up there.

14. atlas

Trusted

Anyways I just got back from this and it was goddamn superb. Definitely the best show I've seen this year. Funny you mention the low turnout because for Chicago the Bottom Lounge was packed pretty well. Crowd participation was excellent as well. Just a barrel of fun and I'm so glad I finally got to see this band

15. LocalMike

Show was fantastic at Irving Plaza last night. It was great to hear horns again. Loved the crowd singing Overcome (The Recapitulation) at the start of the encore