Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ruth Hazleton - Daisywheel (November 22, 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Mary V, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Welp... Ruth has just thrown a spanner in the works of my end of year list!

a0462730556_16.jpg

Tracklist:

1. The Killing Times
    2. Ten Thousand Miles
    3. I Wish the Wars Were All Over
    4. Same Old Man
    5. Messiahs of Hate
    6. Past Carin'
    7. State of the World
    8. Through the Grove (I Riden Sa)
    9. Shackled (Song for Nudem Durak)
    10. Walking Boss

DAISYWHEEL

The daisy wheel (also known as a 'hexafoil') is a compass-drawn circle with six petals within it. The symbol seems to have originated as a solar icon.

Daisy wheels have been found etched into mantlepieces, door frames, window frames and furniture for centuries in Britain and more recently, in Australia. A folk superstition or ritual without any recorded written or oral explanation, scholars now agree that the daisy wheel symbol served the purpose of protecting a household by warding away bad spirits and dispelling ‘darkness’.

DAISYWHEEL is a lyrical voyage from the past through to the uneasy times in which we live; the sound of history, struggle & resilience in song.

It’s also the name of the recently released and highly anticipated first solo album from one of Australia’s most respected folk singers, Ruth Hazleton. A multi-award-winning musician, singer and songwriter, Ruth has toured nationally and internationally in a career spanning twenty-five years. Over this time, she has performed and recorded with iconic musicians from all over the globe including Andy Irvine, Nancy Kerr and Bruce Molsky.

DAISYWHEEL is a stunning new sound brimming with originality and something to say.