Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ruston Kelly - Shape & Destroy (August 28, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I’m guessing new single and album announcement. Hallelujah Anyway is definitely something, I bet it’s the album title.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. @@ron

Regular

I read that the album is called Shape & Destroy, which fits with the burning S&D at the end of that video teaser.
    Spoiler tagging it just in case people don't wanna know. I could be wrong. It's secondhand info from someone who said he mentioned that on a recent livestream.

3. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Song title for sure at the very least.

4. @@ron

Regular

There’s a track list/album cover floating around on Twitter. And I’ve seen both tomorrow and 8/28 as the release date. I’m hoping it’s tomorrow.

5. dpatrick23

Regular Supporter

Maybe tomorrow digitally and 8/28 for the physical?

6. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

As much as I'd selfishly love for it to be tomorrow, I don't think that would be smart from a marketing perspective, I don't think he's big enough yet to do a surprise drop. Maybe I'm wrong though.

(Also, 8/28 is two days before my birthday, so that would be a fun little present to myself.)

Sal Paradise and falafelmywaffle like this.
  7. @@ron

Regular

For a second there was a vinyl bundle in his web store that included the new album. But it was gone once I clicked the back button. I wish I had screenshot it, but the delivery date was 8/28. Apple red vinyl limited to 350

Sal Paradise and falafelmywaffle like this.
  8. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Single tomorrow's called Rubber

falafelmywaffle and Matt Chylak like this.
  9. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Preorders are live! As someone mentioned, red vinyl /350. New song is streaming!

Ruston Kelly

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  10. Slangster

Song's on Apple Music.

Not that I had any doubt, but this album's gonna be special.

11. @@ron

Regular

Preordered that red vinyl so fast

Matt Chylak and falafelmywaffle like this.
  12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Really like this one

13. Slangster

From his website:

"With his sophomore album Shape & Destroy, Nashville-based artist Ruston Kelly now documents his experience in maintaining sobriety, and finally facing the demons that led him to drug abuse in the first place. But while Kelly recounts that journey with an unvarnished honesty, his grace and conviction as an artist ultimately turn Shape & Destroy into a work of unlikely transcendence.

With its unsparing reflection on what Kelly refers to as “the cycle of frustration and temptation after getting clean,” Shape & Destroy took form during a period of painful transformation. “It wasn’t surprising to me that getting sober was a challenge, but there were moments when it was challenging in a way I’d never experienced before,” Kelly says. “There’s so much repair your brain has to do—spiritually, emotionally, physically—and at one point I really felt like I was losing my mind.”

As a means of self-preservation and catharsis, Kelly eventually turned to the ritual of free writing, a practice that led him to the album’s title. “This phrase just came to me one day: ‘Shape the life you want by destroying what obstructs the soul,’” he recalls. “I realized that was the ticket to healing myself and healing my mind: figuring out what kind of person I want to become, and then getting rid of everything that keeps me from being that person.""

14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Hell yes, excited for this.

15. Great song. I listened to Dying Star again yesterday and it’s still one of my favorites of the past few years.

16. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I'm surprised to see "Morphine" and "700 Angels" not on the track list; I think he played "Morphine" both times I saw him last year.

17. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yesssss

18. phaynes12

man, rubber is so good. this is gonna topple dying star, huh

19. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

13 songs!

Matthewconte likes this.
  20. @@ron

Regular

Dying Star is an all timer for me. That would be amazing if it did. I’ve loved everything so far!

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oh f*ck yeahhh

i just had Dying Star on last weekend too

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

If Ruston manages to top Dying Star then I'll be a happy boy, but that's a tall order in my opinion

23. phaynes12

UPDATE THE OP

Slangster likes this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

Where is Hellfire??!!???

coleslawed and Matthewconte like this.
  25. phaynes12

turns out those rumors of him and kacey splitting were total horseshit huh lol

thenewmatthewperry and Slangster like this.