Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ruston Kelly Announces New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ruston Kelly will release The Weakness on April 7th. Today he’s shared the title track.

Track Listing

1. The Weakness
    2. Hellfire
    3. St. Jupiter
    4. Let Only Love Remain
    5. Michael Keaton
    6. Mending Song
    7. Dive
    8. Breakdown
    9. Holy Shit
    10. Better Now
    11. Wicked Hands
    12. Cold Black Mile
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. stephenvstrex

grace upon grace

i’m really excited about this. love the single and just got my first vinyl ordered of ‘23 from him.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Probably my most anticipated of 2023. New single is fantastic. I read an interview that he is swinging for the fences on this one and trying to bring a ton more production/layering to the songs sort of like Bon Iver's ST record. If even half of that is true - I am going to love it.

4. Dead_Presley Jan 17, 2023
    (Last edited: Jan 17, 2023)
    Dead_Presley

Waaay too many people have slept on this man’s stuff, he’s a diamond in the rough.

Someone throw this man a Grammy already, he’s always on point with whatever he releases

5. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

I haven’t really listened to him but can anybody point me in the direction of songs he’s written about Kacey?

6. Dead_Presley

Oof, um, just listen to dying star and shape and destroy albums from him.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol strange request

falafelmywaffle and Dead_Presley like this.
  8. Dead_Presley

thought so too, I’d imagine a lot of his stuff may be about their/his problems but yeah, agreed lol

9. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

lol I’ve heard all of Kacey’s songs so I figured it’s time to hear his side

10. aerials

Goddamn, I've had The Weakness on repeat all day. It's fantastic. I can't wait for this record... hoping it'll immediately be a contender for my aoty.

Ruston's my favorite active songwriter (closely followed by Taylor and Phoebe).

11. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

Fuck that guy he’s just a piece of shit

bobsheiskawy and Frank Lapidus like this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't think you will find anything salacious on this upcoming album. He's very much at peace.