Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Russian Doll (Netflix) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, Jan 31, 2019.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah this was fucking phenomenal, the cinematography/lighting is amazing and the story had me hooked the whole time, especially the last two episodes. I really like how the ending works perfectly as a self-contained story but they also leave it open for more (apparently the creators pitched it to Netflix as a three-season story)

2. OotyPa

fall away

Finished this last night and really loved it. Big fan of Natasha Lyonne and now whoever played Alan in this. Really curious how the story could continue.

3. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

finished this last night and absolutely loved it. first few episodes were good, but not blowing me away. but about halfway through the season, I was loving every episode.

just like others have said, very curious to see how they could make a second season of this.

4. S2

K0ta and OotyPa like this.
  5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Thought it’d be perfect as one season but curious to see where they go with this, hope it’s just as good.

domotime2, K0ta and OotyPa like this.
  6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I actually thought it ended perfectly and wasn't expecting a second season; I'll be disappointed if it doesn't match the first which was damn near perfect. Seems hard to match but I'm hopeful!!

jkauf likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m pretty sure this is one where the showrunner had mentioned a three season plan from the start, but I may be mistaking that for another show. I’m definitely down to see something else in this universe no matter what it is.

8. I wasn't expecting a S2 either, but I'm interested to see what they do.

9. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I believe you are correct, I'm almost certain I read that in an interview Leslye Headland did.

OotyPa and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

For some reason I thought S2 was confirmed already but nice to know for sure now lol

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I loveeeeee saving things I know I'll love....its always something in the back pocket.

Home run thing for me. Fun plot, fun little twists, not cheezy, unique spin, great characters.

Agreed on being satisfied with only 1 season but if they had a plan since the beginning then let's keep it going because where else could it go

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

This was good. I liked the short episodes.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

14. I'm hoping there's a decent recap or that the details come back to me as I start S2, because I don't remember a lot of what happened.

15. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, I don’t really remember anything beyond the premise.

16. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Finally!

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I honestly almost forgot this show existed entirely lol, I 100% will do a rewatch first

18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The news got me watching the show for the first time, first two episodes were great so far! Really fun tone

19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

had no idea s2 was out today, goddamn. so much great TV I cannot make time for it all

20. OotyPa Apr 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2022)
    OotyPa

fall away

I forgot pretty much every detail of season one besides that I thoroughly enjoyed it lol

21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I feel like I should have rewatched season 1 before the new stuff. Oh well, too late now.

22. Rowan5215

I forgot how fucking good s1 is. every second line delivery by Lyonne is just a gift from the gods, it's unbelievable

MrAirplane likes this.
  23. Rowan5215

...interesting s2 so far, a few episodes in. I like what they're going for and how it's a totally different thing, but a lot of stuff has felt kinda messy. s1 is borderline perfect so they had a high bar to clesr

MrAirplane, OotyPa and mescalineeyes like this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away

A few episodes in and it’s alright. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

25. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

I’m 2 in and I love it a lot.