Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Russian Circles - Guidance (August 5, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 17, 2016.

1. dayghost

The sweet and the bitter.

Just bought my ticket to see them at Warsaw. This is probably my favorite album of theirs as a whole. Part of me wishes they'd just play it all the way through live.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this album continually blows me away. easily their strongest release, didnt know how they were going to top memorial but they really did go above and beyond that record

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Hoping for a Chelsea Wolfe guest appearance in LA tonight.

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

They were amazing tonight. "Afrika" was surreal.

5. flask

Trusted Supporter

That's my least favorite song on the album but it was indeed incredible live. Kinda disappointed that they didn't play anything off Geneva. Otherwise no big deal just one of the greatest musical performances by any band ever.

6. minty901

Hey now. Look at you. Way cool.

I like the album a lot. Memorial slightly edges it for me though and there's nothing on here that comes anywhere close to being as entertaining or interesting as Mladek. Still a really good album. I prefer pg.lost's new one though.

7. johnnyferris

Lisboa is probably my least favorite on the album, but that's because I love everything before. I really wanted Mota live but incredible show nonetheless

8. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

mota is fucking incredible, their best work yet

sophos34 likes this.
  9. flask

Trusted Supporter

I was spinning this for a couple months after it released then kinda dropped off with so many other releases coming out. Now that every thing has settled down I've been coming back to this and it holds up amazingly well. Arguably their best and a top 3 of the year, maybe even AOTY.

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

Yeah I just revisited it about a week ago for the first time in a little while and it's definitely my favorite thing they've done from what I've listened to from them and among my favorites for the year

11. Deathco_019

Drummer

Been listening to this quite a bit lately and it still blows me away. Calla is fucking massive. The guitar/bass tones sound incredible and Dave makes his drum patterns look effortless whenever I watch live videos. God damn

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Barcara

Regular

I really enjoyed Guidance on the first few listens but it didn't stick for whatever reason, looking forward to circling back to it though. Some unpopular opinions ahead: Memorial didn't do much for me, Empros is still my favourite by far.

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

Looks like we're getting a live album.

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Hell yeah

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Will sound like a studio album because they are flawless live.

aspeedomodel and coleslawed like this.
  16. DesolateEarth

Birb

Very exciting news!

Guidance still holds up for me. I like Empros and Memorial more but it's not far behind.

17. johnnyferris

Live album is available digitally now!

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there's a tour with king woman going up nice

suicidesaints likes this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

im dead

20. Deathco_019

Drummer

Holy fuck

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

22. johnnyferris

Not feeling regretful anymore about missing their one off headliner in Santa Ana a couple months ago

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

guess im going to jersey city.

24. Haruni

Regular

See you there. Convienent that I’ll already be in jersey city that weekend anyway.

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

need a Dallas date