Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 73

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Been running in Hokas for a few years now and still loving them (just got a new pair of Carbon X SPE's).

I've got a bad ankle and foot from a car accident and reconstructive surgery about 20 years ago and these work wonders.

Supernova likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Doing my first 20-plus mile run tomorrow, please send prayers.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I wish I could do long runs like that; I got so much muscle in my thighs and quads, from my younger years training to get better at sprinting, that all this muscle is a liability/hindrance to longer mile runs

4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Bro with your speed in general and aerobic base, just keep the effort to a about a 2 on a 1-5 scale and you’ll be feeling just fine.

I’ve been in love with the Nike Trail Pegasus 3 for most trail runs, especially easy or long. I have some Brooks Catamounts for my speedy trail days. I’m doing my 50 mile in the Pegasus Trails.

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Craig Manning

I’ll be out there with my sister, who is a seasoned marathoner, so that will help!

I’ve heard great things about the Pegasus 3! Never worn them myself, but I’ve been doing more trail runs lately so I’ve been thinking about getting a more trail-oriented shoe.

Supernova likes this.
  6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

After a litany of health woes over the winter and spring, some of which still aren't fully resolved, just did a new personal best at 3.08 miles today. First time I was able to incorporate the Lakefront Trail here in Chi into the run since I live about a mile from it.

For shoes I wear Saucony Echelons because they have the removable insole for my prescription arch supports. It truly sucks finding any shoes for that but these ones feel fantastic. About to buy a new pair.

7. Craig Manning

22 miles was the end count today. Pretty easy pace throughout, though I pushed it a little for a 6:30ish last mile. My longest run by a fair bit.

8. Supernova

I love having pep left and kicking a bit on the last mile or so on a long easy run. Glad that went well!

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I’ve got all sorts of brands

ASICS
    Adidas
    Brooks
    New balance

all different types for different days. Usually have a rotation of 4-5 shoes

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I used to only run in New Balance but now I have a mix of New Balance, Hoka, ASICS and Brooks. I rotate through them pretty regularly, usually no more than two runs in a row with any one pair now but that seems to have made my feet worse as I have blisters like never before the last few months since doing this. May just have to go back to New Balance, never had an issue when it was just them.

also the weather was perfect today for a joyous 13 mile unintentional run. Idk how people run in summer heat. I’m zapped by mile 2 in summer but fall weather (was only 61 today with a nice breeze) I can run forever.

11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Hokas slap

Elder Lightning likes this.
  12. Elder Lightning

Anyone have a recommendation for a light that's easy to carry or comfortable to wear for early morning runs?

I have to get my runs in before the kids wake up and as the days are getting shorter it's hard to see out there.

Almost took a nasty spill last weekend on a long downhill about a mile and a half in because I couldn't see a tripping hazard on the sidewalk.

13. GearLight LED Head Lamp - Pack of 2 Outdoor Flashlight Headlamps w/ Adjustable Headband for Adults and Kids

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QGRWZNB/?tag=absolutepunk-20

i actually have this coming in tomorrow! 4.5 stars on ~30,000 reviews

i intend to use it for early morning hikes but i’m sure it’d be the same as early morning runs

14. Elder Lightning

Let me know what you think of it! I'm not 100% sold on a headlamp for runs, I can see it bouncing and falling down or sliding up, but maybe I can use it in conjunction with a hat, especially as it gets cooler.

stvvvn likes this.
  15. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I could only wear a headlamp with a hat. Need the lamp to be really tight.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

decided to grab some hoka bondis since my brooks are running thin. definitely liking the extra cushion.

17. Craig Manning

Met up with a local guy training for Boston last week for my second 22-miler. 6:30 per mile was our overall pace. Took me a few days to recover from that one.

Supernova and Elder Lightning like this.
  18. Supernova

Two of my passions are at odds with one another. In August I saw Rise Against. Got in the pit a bit, bruised a rib.... couldn't run much for 2 weeks. Last week went to Furnace Fest day 1. Got in the pit for Every Time I Die, had a religious experience..... bruised another rib. This one seems worse than the last. Possible "rib slipping". IDK. I'm no doctor. Heck it hurt to lay on my back last night. I was able to treadmill hike at a steep grade and trot a little bit. I've been biking in place of running getting ready for my 100 on Nov 6th. I pray this is better by then.

Also my achilles started hurting during my 50 mile race back on Sept 11th. Hasn't bothered me since April. So that's another thing I'm dealing with. BTW, my 50 miler took me 10h:51m:58s. 13:53 avg pace(or so) with 5400ft of climbing. That was good for 13th out of 47 finishers. I was on the struggle bus for awhile there during it, but made I through and had a solid last 6 or so miles.

19. Garrett Oct 2, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2021)
    Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I don’t know that I’m gonna be able to run 26.2 miles in exactly seven weeks.

20. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

signed up for a halloween half. haven't ran double digits since august of last year. pretty consistently running 5 miles a day 6-7 days a week. time to up the mileage and hope i dont get hurt

21. bedwettingcosmo

did a trail run the other day. my quads have been literal jelly since, but the utah mountains made it worth it.

[​IMG]

22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wow

23. zachmacD

Trusted

New to this thread, but I ran my first half marathon yesterday, and it was an incredible experience. I’ve had knee surgery, patella realignment on both knees, so I usually take it easy on long runs averaging a 12-minute mile. I was able to complete the half yesterday at 10:45 a mile pace and felt amazing afterward. I think it was the adrenaline of the race all the long runs I did this summer.

I’m training for my first full marathon in January, so this whole thing has been very rewarding and the push I needed.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

welcome!

25. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Have done two consecutive times with personal bests distances (3.75 and 4 mi) both at an 8 min pace. I’m not sure if I can enter any 10ks yet this fall but thinking about it for the spring.

Also, does anyone her deal with nerve pain in their knee when running? Acted up on me without putting pressure on it for the first time recently, and it’s know constantly in the back of my head