Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 64

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

anything I should pay attention to or train for for running at sea level? I’m running the SF marathon in July and have never run at that low of levels (at least not for longer than a mile or so over a decade ago)

2. 5Stories

Regular

Did my 17th half marathon today and beat my best time by over 5 minutes. Now down to 1:35. Really stepped up my training and it is paying off. Now for the marathon...

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i typically run at about 4500 feet elevation so coming down to sea level just feels like it puts me on another planet. can go faster for much longer and not feel gassed.

5Stories likes this.
  4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

LOL. I was in SF this weekend too. I only ran on Saturday though.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  5. marsupial jones

Getting new shoes today :heart:

I’ve only seriously run in New Balance 860’s. Think I want to try something else (while rotating with my current shoes).

6. bedwettingcosmo

did 9 miles this morning with a group of work peeps. slowed the pace and had a lot of fun. amazing how you don't notice miles going by when your occupied in good conversation

sean_rugy and 5Stories like this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I did 9 miles today and feel like my legs are about to fall off. Got my first official 10K next week.

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

NYC Half Marathon was just cancelled and I am scrambling to field questions from our charity team. is this one of the first major races to get cancelled?

9. 5Stories

Regular

Paris half marathon was cancelled a week and a half ago.

10. marsupial jones

Milwaukee Marathon on 4/11 has been cancelled. Damn. Not surprised though.

11. Garrett

about to go run my (surprisingly not canceled) first official 10K (even though I passed that distance over a month ago in my half training).

definitely a little worried if my half gets canceled at the end of April. I’ve been fundraising for St. Jude and no matter what hope they keep that even if I can’t run.

12. Garrett

55:23.2

Really happy. Ran this race at the pace I need to do a sub-2 half and a sub-4 full. Didn’t know I had it in me—hadn’t even been close in training.

5Stories likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

all my races are getting cancelled or postponed :(

14. Garrett

My half was just canceled :(

15. 5Stories

Regular

Every race will be cancelled for the forseeable future I'm afraid. I think more pressingly, I'm worried about not being able to go outside to run in the event of a full lockdown but at least I have an exercise bike/garden and I work for the health service so wonder if that might give me some privileges in terms of running home form work at least. I need it badly for my mental health. Life's going to be extraordinarily different for a while.

16. bedwettingcosmo

running is like the only thing giving me any sense of normalcy this week. if we get fully locked down i'll lose it

17. 5Stories

Regular

I've been mentally preparing about how I could go out at 5am when no one's around and carry my NHS card as protection lol

18. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

So I've heard at most its a misdemeanor. My plan is to still run as normal as possible and if stopped I'll explain myself and head home.

5Stories likes this.
  19. marsupial jones

i suspect the San Francisco marathon on 7/26 will be cancelled. a week ago i thought, "but that's so far away" and now with whole states shutting down school for the remainder of the school year (so early June at latest for some) i'm thinking it's just not gonna happen even though it's only 3/18

20. marsupial jones

The Milwaukee marathon was supposed to be next Saturday. Thinking I’m going to go ahead and run my own unofficial marathon Friday or Saturday just because. Weather has been bright, beautiful and sunny lately so I’ve been running outside a lot so might as well do what I was planning on doing anyway.

21. bedwettingcosmo

running bud of mine had a marathon last saturday and did it on his own. i think it's a good idea.

marsupial jones likes this.
  22. Garrett

I haven’t run in a week. It’s all so weird and it feels like everything just fell apart

23. marsupial jones

I’m going to at least do a 20-miler and I feel like if I’m doing 20 might as well do the full 26.2. Going to stick to country roads and run in the middle of the lane as much as I can (been trying the last few weeks to do this so I don’t get hip issues on my left side with always running on very slightly titled pavement/shoulders)

24. bedwettingcosmo

sean_rugy likes this.
  25. marsupial jones

Just returned from running an unofficial half marathon (something I’ve done 4-5 this year so this wasn’t out of the ordinary) and nothing really out of the usual took place on the run but when I got home and peed the first two second or so my urine was blood. Actually like koolaid not to get too TMI about it.

I was and am stunned. I don’t feel any pain now and I didn’t during my run and I’ve never had this before so idk if it’s a random thing and I assume it’s good it only lasted that way for a few seconds? Not gonna google it though because that will just come back as cancer or something equally as awful.

anyone have this? (After a run or any other time?)