Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 63

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 5Stories

Regular

41.12 at a 10k event this morning, which is a 2 minute+ personal best. Nice flat course in perfect crisp but sunny conditions and felt really good and positive the whole way around. The race flew by and I always felt like I could push. Feel like I've stepped it up a notch over the last few weeks with my track work plus additional easy mileage. Also really enjoying wearing my Asics tartherzeals which are basically racing flats, they feel great for racing.

Supernova likes this.
  2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

got my first 5k in eight years in the morning. hoping to just finish in under 30.

5Stories likes this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

good luck!

Garrett L. likes this.
  4. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Crush it bro.

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. Garrett

28:14!

6. 5Stories

Regular

Well done!

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. 5Stories

Regular

Weridly pleased about this. Lined up at a 10k the other day and everyone at the front of the start seemed to be in them except for me in my £55 Asics. Didn't seem fair haha.

9. Garrett

Anyone ever run the Nashville Rock n Roll half? I’m working up towards that/fundraising for St. Jude now. It’s crazy how into this I’ve gotten.

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

10-miler this morning in frigid temperatures, wicked wind and some big ass snow flakes. Was very pretty and my new goodr sunglasses worked like a charm on the wind and the brightness. First four miles were spent listening to the new Caspian record and that was an awesome experience with the weather.

two months until Milwaukee Marathon and my training has been... lacking. Today was a great wake up call to kick it in gear the next 8 weeks.

GrantCloud and Supernova like this.
  11. Garrett

Saturday will set my longest run ever (6 miles already seems so short knowing my half is so close and the full still looms). It’s weird knowing that number will consistently inch higher throughout the year. And it’s still considered a “short” run by running standards :crylaugh:

still waiting for this mythical runner’s high though

sean_rugy, Supernova and 5Stories like this.
  12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

been in a slump, just running 3-5 miles not at all consistnantly. I think I need to sign-up for something soon to keep me focused. it's hard when it's cold and rainy out!

13. Supernova

6 miles is nothing to scoff over for 99% of the population. Totally agree though some people view it as a short run which is still crazy to think.

Runners high happens when it happens i guess.

Tested out my knee on 2 treadmill runs this week(runners knee). 3 miles or so with .5 mile run and .25 mile walk roughly. Run/walk basically. Aerobically I felt fine just didn't want to over-stress my tendons. Everything felt great with no pain/niggles. Going to hike(only hike, no run) 10 miles on Saturday. Then next week run a bit outside on a larger soccer field for something nice and soft. Then from there... hopefully..... increase miles again slowly.

Also I want new shoes. Some road shoes for easy miles since I'm good on trail shoes. Honestly looking at some Sketchers in their performance line since I've heard some extreme praise for their Hyperburst midsole. There is also a new New Balance shoe coming out FuelCell TC that sounds amazing. It has a carbon plate, but reviewers say its a really good training shoe. And in my head right now I'm just hyped on those 2 shoes.

14. marsupial jones

feeling this.

even with my NordicTrack i've been finding it hard at times to get a run in, especially since i have to run after work during the week. i still do my Saturday long runs outside, but worry if i'll get injured since i've been sporadic throughout the weeks, but i'm starting to find a good groove again. hope the same happens for you!

sean_rugy likes this.
  15. Supernova

Pulled the trigger on New Balance Fuel Cell Propel. Daily trainer type shoe which I need for the road. Amazon has it for $67 which is a steal. Never had a NB running shoe before. Didn't want to drop a ton of $$ so this worked. It's got a lot of praise from reviews across the web.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HG47V4W/?tag=absolutepunk-20

marsupial jones likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

do you use a shoe with more ankle support / more rigid upper? (sorry, not great with the proper terminology)

if yes and if that's what these have i may get a pair of these as well since i'm about 100 miles away from needing a new pair and not looking forward to driving 90 minutes to the nearest specialty store. i've never bought a new style of shoe online before so i'm a little apprehensive but i've enjoyed the two sets of New Balance that i've worn since i started running seriously last summer.

17. Garrett

I'm very happy with myself for how I've stuck to this training program. The long runs are getting longer and easier, and I'm not sure how that works, haha. I've got a 10k in a month, and in my training for my half in April, I just did that today. It's really nice knowing I've already got the distance of the race down before even getting close to it.

18. Supernova

I don't think it's necessarily a knit upper, but it's not ridged from what I read. I'm not one to look for ankle support. I've been running inn Altras and Hokas mostly. Nothing that's constricting. Wanting to try something different this time. If you can find your size at RunningWarehouse id order from there. Only because they accept ran in shoes as returns. Ive returned one pair after 20ish miles and they took them back no issue. Amazon on this model currently is just cheaper currently. I'll run around the house a bit before i take them outside.

19. marsupial jones

Beautiful day in Wisconsin for a 15-miler. Did a great job staying in “easy relaxed” pace for the entire thing (something I struggled with during my last marathon training plan). I switched to podcasts for my long, easy runs and that has helped tremendously.

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. sean_rugy

welp, my foot got ran the fuck over today. I’m always super careful going through crosswalks even if I have the walk sign, but today that didn’t matter. some asshole whipped around the corner when I had the right of way, nearly hit me completely, and ran over my right foot before slamming on the gas.

it hurts like hell but nothing is broken. fatal hit and runs have been so bad in NYC lately, both for runners and cyclists. just need to stay off it and ice for the next couple of days but really lucky I’m not in the hospital or worse.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

thats fucking bullshit. i've put so many fists into the back of cars from this. hopefully it heals quick. cheers

22. sean_rugy

told my buddy I was going to start running with brass knuckles as "weight training"

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  23. marsupial jones

Getting ready for back to back 15 mile runs this weekend. Excited, I’ve never done such distances two days in a row.

Supernova and 5Stories like this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

visiting san francisco and ran from sausalito across the golden gate and back this morning. god i love running at sea level

Micah511 and Supernova like this.
  25. Garrett

Just ran 8 miles. Slowly but surely adding distance.

Supernova likes this.