Running • Page 54

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think it has to do with me having some thicc legs. The rubbing together with the lining makes my legs raw.

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Prestigious

bobby_runs likes this.
  3. chewbacca110

Beer/horror podcast - listen everywhere

Ahhh it's you that's given me kudos. Thanks!

I took a break for 17 days because I rolled my right ankle walking down the damn street, sober as a judge. 2 runs in 2 days (including at 6am this morning before work - a first for me!) and feeling good.

Tomorrow 6/5 is National Running Day anyone doing anything special? My girlfriend and I are part of the Illinois Brewery Running Series and we are running at Goose Island.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

TJ Dohner Supporter

Next week my training block for my 100k starts. I was originally going to race a 50k at the end of this month too, but two weeks into that training block I strained my calf and decided to rest it and volunteer for the same race instead. Technically I could've still raced the 50k, but I really wanted to let it rip and didn't feel confident enough with the little training I'd get. So why not save $100? Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to be working an aid station at the race. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone own that shit and give them motivation to keep it going.

The San Diego 100 was this past weekend too. I ended up going to Joshua Tree instead of the race and now I kind of regret it because Zach Bitter won it and battled Chris Hammes until the very end. He beat him by like 2 minutes I think! Thats insane for a 100 mile race. It would've been awesome to witness Zach race. I didn't realize he was racing it either.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Supporter

Has anyone in here done a couch to 5K program before? Even though my recent race would suggest I wouldn’t need it I personally feel like I do. My training hasn’t been what I’ve wanted it to be since February. I’m hoping doing a program like that will boost my confidence and put me back mentally where I want to be.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

TJ Dohner Supporter

I tried one about 10 years ago. It definitely worked for me. I had a history of running before the program so I ended up bouncing back about 3/4 the way through the program. I think you’ll get your mojo back fast too. But the program is definitely a nice step for motivation and routine purposes.

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

This isn't the usual place I post but I feel like I could get good feedback here. So I run a good amount and I need to get a new water bottle, what does everyone else use? The water here is not great so it kind of has to be filtered.