Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 49

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 5Stories

Regular

Congrats, that is a big achievement. You should be delighted! I love Chicago and I hoped to watch it to see show Mo Farah got on, but unfortunately I was out. I'd love to run it some day.

I'm hoping to do my second marathon next year. London marathon ballots come out next week so fingers crossed I get in but it's like a 1/12 chance or something. If not then I'll see if i can persuade a friend or two to join me somewhere like Barcelona...

2. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Congrats man. I’d love to do one of the big marathons in the US next year or 2020. Boston being a real goal.

Ended up doing a 11 mile trail run today with some new people and it was a great time. 1535 ft of gain. Can’t waiy to do this section again in the fall when the leaves change and it isn’t so damn hot (90 degrees today). Alabama doesn’t get autumn yet; we get 2nd summer.

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Going on a 6 mile hike in the Rockies 6 days after a marathon was not the best decision for my knees.

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

got a chance to run at sea level last week. such a game changer with all that oxygen in the air.

sean_rugy likes this.
  5. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

had to defer my entry to the NYC marathon to 2019 and will be starting physical therapy tomorrow. I was in no shape because I just couldn’t get the distance without my IT band flaring up and crippling me. I needed someone (or something) to tell me to just stop pushing it, rest, and get at it next year.

I’m stubborn.

6. terps12

Regular

:( huge bummer. Do you foam roll? I used to have IT band problems until I got a roller and one of those wand rollers too. I do it every night before I go to bed -- training or not training. It's made a huge difference.

7. chewbacca110

Foam rollers FOR LIFE

8. chewbacca110

Strava users: Im now active! I search for the Chorus user and I can’t find it. Help a brotha out!

9. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

chewbacca110 likes this.
  10. chewbacca110

Aaaaaaand joined.

Robert Peterson running in Chicago

Supernova likes this.
  11. Supernova

Patrick Bussey running in “yee haw” Alabama. At least there are some decent trails around me.

12. chewbacca110

Girlfriend and I ran a costumed 5k at a brewery this weekend. SURPRISINGLY did not win the costume contest.

halloween.JPEG

13. bedwettingcosmo

robbed

14. sean_rugy

ya'll they are doing cupping therapy for my IT band and it hurts so good. my leg is full of bruises.

also, to the rollers out there... my therapist said to not do that and her reasoning made sense to me. the whole problem with IT band is it's rubbing on your bone, rolling only applies more pressure to the band/bone. I know it's recommended every where but she, and the other other therapists, said that it can do more harm than good.

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Anyone do the New York marathon today? My sister kicked ass and did it in 2:56:25.

16. sean_rugy

I was out there yesterday cheering on the runners I managed for the non-profit I work for, always a fun time. sucks because I was supposed to be out there and it was really bumming me out. next year!

the highlight was seeing this elderly woman dribbling two basketballs down first avenue.

Supernova, Drewski and Craig Manning like this.
  17. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

sean_rugy likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

Is that who that is?

*unjoins*

19. Supernova Nov 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2018)
    Supernova

I love helping and cheering on at races. Especially ultras.

I spent the entire weekend with very little sleep in the mountains for the Pinhoti 100. Me and some trail runner buddies hopped aid station to aid station the whole day Saturday helping out and hanging out. Filling water bottles, retrieving drop bags, making quesadillas, ect.... From about 10pm until 2am I was pacing my friend for a 14 mile stretch on one of the mountain ridge lines. It was mostly a power hike considering she was having bad knee pain, but we got to run a smidge on some easy terrain. Good thing is she finished in 29h:45m or so on a 30h cut off. And..... I got to meet and chat with Karl Meltzer for a bit since his wife was running the race(he ran it last year). As well as Jeff Browning ran it this year and won it. He missed the course record by 15 minutes because someone apparently moved some flags around which sent him off course.

My long "medium term" goal is knock out some cool 50k-50mile distance races in 2019, and then shoot for the Pinhoti 100 in November 2020. I haven't even ran a marathon distance yet, but my eyes are set to those things.

20. Supernova

Signed up for a half marathon on Saturday. I'm feeling good about my fitness and want to see how I do. It's an inaugural local half with a good bit of people signed up for it so I'm excited to jump in.

This week i'll hit 35 miles and next week i'll be 38-40(then another recv week). I feel like though, next week might be a struggle since I'll probably push 50+ hours at work. I'm just going to see how I feel when I get there.

5Stories likes this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

doing a thanksgiving half. haven't touched double digits running since the summer so im in for it.

Supernova likes this.
  22. sean_rugy

Drewski likes this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Courtney Dauwalter is unreal. I think the best thing about her is that she doesn't spout all kinds of self-prophesizing gobbledygook about her incredible feats. She just talks about eating nachos and drinking beer, humble as all hell. Someone actually flagged her 2017 experience on Joe Rogan's podcast (I know, but in this one he barely talks) for me today and I listened to the entire two-hour thing. What a fascinating woman/human being.

sean_rugy likes this.
  24. Supernova

Finished my half today at 1:36:57. 7:25 pace per mile. A PR for sure. Last PR was 1:52 in Feb. I’ve came a long way with my training and only looking up from here. I felt the best I’ve ever felt in a race. Felt like a had more in the tank at the end as I wasn’t keeled over or anything. Got 4th in my age groups 13th overall, but 3rd for awards so I got a pink glass which is dope.

It started and ended at a brewery so I’m currently sitting here drinking lots of water cause I’ve already had 3 brews........... B-)

25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Nice work!

Dirty Sanchez and Supernova like this.