Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 40

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

start guzzling that water now. finish with a cup or so 2 hours before the race (anything under won't really help too much)

eat whatever you know you can digest easily. also only wear clothing you are super comfortable in. don't bust out any new items just for the race.

relax and have fun. oh and i'll suggest going without headphones.

Drewski likes this.
  2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I would do a warm up of at least a half mile and that’s at a slow pace.

I don’t have too much water or food prior because it really won’t benefit you at that distance. But it’s the age rule of not doing anything differently than normal that really counts.

Drewski likes this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Definitely be hydrated the night before. Hopefully you got an early bedtime last night. As long as you stay off your feet and just sort of take it easy the night before that should set you up nicely. Then for breakfast, just do simple whole foods that digest quickly. Get the pre-race shit in. Drink water at breakfast but a couple hours before race time just take short small sips of water. Lastly, manage your pace starting out. Most people get excited at the start of a race and go out too hard. Stay in your lane and keep things conservative to start. You can always pick runners off on miles two, three, and four.

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

get drunk the night b4. hangover races are the best races

Michael Schmidt and Drewski like this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Ha, I did in reverse. Actually got a good sleep night before, ran, and then last night saw Orchard Lounge spin at the Museum of Sex until 4 AM. Earned all the beers and dancing.

Strava result vs. official race results are slightly different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bedwettingcosmo

slaya playa

7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Running the NYC Marathon this year, got my entry last night at 11pm. I am HYPED! First marathon! It's going to be a challenge but looking forward to pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Excited for our tandem Phish-soundtracked runs.

sean_rugy likes this.
  9. 5Stories

Regular

Finally moved over from MapMyRun to Strava - it looks much better. I seem to remember everyone in this thread is in a group or something, can I be added?

Feel free to follow because I need friends Strava Runner Profile | David R.

Supernova likes this.
  10. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

If anyone ever needs advise about running after a vasectomy, I say the magic number is 16 days after.

First run back was good, but it was brutal taking that much time off.

11. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Great decision. It took me forever to navigate my data from MapMyRun to Strava but I am so happy I did because it is so much better.

The page you're looking for is the Chorus.fm running club...9 members strong. I'm Drew Guarini on there.

Not sure if people here are about crosstraining, but I set a new PR for my "Murph" time yesterday, which is 1 mile run -> 300 squats, 200 push ups, 100 pull ups -> 1 mile run. Did the entire cycle in 46:21, with the first mile at 7:31 and 7:21 on the second mile. Everything hurts today obviously. The fact that the competitions have people doing all of that WITH a 20 pound weighted vest is just so insane.

Supernova, sean_rugy and 5Stories like this.
  12. 5Stories

Regular

Thanks! Can't be bothered moving all my data over, at least for now. Hundreds of files. Just imported this years. That is an impressive workout, me and push ups/pull ups do not get on.

Drewski likes this.
  13. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

200 pushups? Humanly impossible. 100 pullups? No man ever has completed that feat.

(I am not a strong man)

Drewski likes this.
  14. Drewski Mar 6, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 6, 2018)
    Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Hahaha. I had set goals of 20k push ups and 5k pull ups for 2017. Final tally...

upload_2018-3-6_15-28-43.png

sean_rugy and Supernova like this.
  15. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Chorus member virtual 10k?

5Stories, bobby_runs and Supernova like this.
  16. Supernova

That’s pretty incredible man. Nice going on hitting those goals.

I’d do a Chorus virtual 10k. I’d walk it if I had to.

17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I'd be down to do a virtual 10K. Could do it as part of an upcoming Marathon Pace Work-Out

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

i'm down. how would that work exactly.

also @5Stories welcome to strava. its the best. i added you. i'm cj.

i do 60 pushups every morning. thats the most i'll ever be able to do lol. i can do 0 pull ups.

Drewski and 5Stories like this.
  19. 5Stories

Regular

I have no idea what a virtual 10k is but I'll do it.

Also I seem to have picked up a weird and slightly embarrassing injury. Recently started a new job which for the first day involved lots of sitting down, which I'm not used it. Did a few miles in the evneing, felt fine and then two hours later I have the worst pain in my buttock (lolz). Hurts to sit down. Wondering if the sitting/running are related? Woke up in the morning and couldn't bend over, wtf. 6 weeks until the marathon...

20. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Are you interested in being able to do pull ups? If you can do zero, definitely have to get started with negative pull ups.

21. bedwettingcosmo

not really lol i mostly hate all exercise thats not cardio

Supernova and Drewski like this.
  22. Supernova

I spent $60 on some "preworkout" powder mix today so I might muster up the want-to to do my strength routines on a more regular basis. If I'm not running currently I might as well keep building strength now so I'll hopefully prevent injuries later.

23. bedwettingcosmo

Been running around southern Utah alot this weekend . It's beautiful .

Attached Files:

dylan, Supernova, 5Stories and 3 others like this.
  24. EarthShifts

Trusted

Damn, that’s beautiful.

25. Supernova

Napoleon Dynamite: "lucky..."