Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 32

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

gotta strava cr this evening so im feelin goooood

5Stories likes this.
  2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

CR?

3. bedwettingcosmo

Drewski likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

some ass couldn't wait to turn right this morning on my run and almost ran me over. ended up punching the shit out of his car and got a pretty good cut from it. anyone else get super ragey on the road?

5. 5Stories

Regular

15 miles on Monday which is another new record for distance. Stepping up my marathon training so took it really easy especially as it was very muddy, 9:45 miles. Felt really good but I was so hungry at the end despite taking an energy drink and some dried fruit with me.

6. bedwettingcosmo

anyone got any turkey races lined up? i'm doing a 4 miler tomorrow

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Wish I could do morning runs more often. Coordinating runs with Type 1 Diabetes requires planning my entire day around when I'll actually run, and even then, a ton of things have to go right so I can run.

8. bedwettingcosmo

i feel for ya. thats a harsh bummer man

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Appreciated. Life could be a whole lot worse. :peace:

Michael Schmidt and Supernova like this.
  10. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm most likely doing the "Plucked Turkey 10k" in the morning at 8. Most likely because i'll get off work tonight at midnight with a start time of 3pm, then have to flip around to do that race, and then go to my moms for food at 11am, THEN work from 1p-11p/12a, THENNNN back to work on Friday at 7am for a good 10-12h day. A chance I will skip it, but most likely not. "Everyone" from my club will be there so, ya know, gotta show up. I have the energy of a 12y/o boy most of the time so I'll be fine. My Garmin told me I had the aerobic capacity of a 25 year old or something like that not too long ago.

Did my first and 2nd run after surgery last night and then this afternoon. Felt real good. Not hurting at all. I'm surprised I withheld this long not doing anything strenuous. Still going to take it easy for a bit though.

I have some Marmot gloves similar to those Mountain Hardware ones that I found at good ol' TJ Maxx last year. Haven't ran in them yet, but plan on it once I go on my next good cold run.

11. bedwettingcosmo

its pushing 70 degrees here and im dying to have to take the rest day. i really want to get a garmin before the year is out. any recommendations?

12. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

The Fenix 3 will be on sale at Best Buy starting tomorrow for $299 reg $549 or something. It's the older model for the trail runner/runner with all the good specs, features, a decent screen, and looks mostly normal. Can use for cycling too. Also there is the Vivoactive HR on sale tomorrow for $119 normal like $249. It's more of the rectabgle band type more so shaped like a FitBit but bigger. It can be used for running and cycling as well, but doesn't have some of the deeper stuff like the Fenix would have.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=doorbusters&filter=&brand=Garmin

What I did, is since I work retail electronics, I can go to a site Expercity.com and I got my Garmin Forerunner 935(which I love) for a crazy stupid deal. If you know anyone that works retail they can try to make an account on that site, take the Garmin eLearnings, and then it unlocks the discount. It ships to the place that the owner of the account works. My 935 retails for $599(which is absurd), but I got it for $311 shipped. They have all the Garmin models on the site. The 935 is basically the Fenix 5, but just not as heavy and bulky minus 1-2 features I didn't care about. No-one is suppose to order stuff for anyone but themselves on this site, but you know how that goes.....

13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Probably just going for an 8-10 mile run to feel like I sort of earned eating a bunch of food and drinking wine and beer all day.

bedwettingcosmo and Drewski like this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i'd prefer to lock down and do some distance too but i'll probably just take it ez after my race

Drewski and Michael Schmidt like this.
  15. Michael Schmidt

Like most days, getting out there on Thanksgiving is half the battle.

Drewski likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

ended up getting in 9 miles today with 4 of those being in a race. havent seen my chip time yet but strava says 23:24 which i feel pretty good about. tons of fast xc kiddos out there so i dont think i even cracked the top 10

Drewski and Michael Schmidt like this.
  17. 5Stories

Regular

New parkrun (5k) PB again this week on a chilly morning, took 21 seconds off and down to 23:22. So happy! There are 6 more parkruns before the end of the year - I reckon I can get sub 23 before the year is out. Going to sign up for at least one 10k before the year is out as well to try and take advantage of feeling good.

bedwettingcosmo and Drewski like this.
  18. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Have y'all seen this?

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can't even run a mile that fast normally.

dylan and FTank like this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

thats fucking insane

21. bedwettingcosmo

my 2 fav things in life why have i not tried this

22. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I love the beer mile culture. Lots of fun articles about it and the characters around it.

Worked all month for a 5K PR and was on pace to finally crush it after 2 miles anddddd...iPhone died at 30% for some reason. SAD!

23. Michael Schmidt

How does an iPhone dying prevent a 5k pr?

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I mean, I still ran the amount I just have no clue on the exact timing without a backup so I can't be sure haha.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Oh word. I’m probably in the minority in not using my phone to run so it didn’t register that some people don’t use a watch haha.

Drewski likes this.