Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 31

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I'm gonna miss the boardwalk so much. :(

dylan likes this.
  2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Ran with my weighted vest today for the first time in about 2 years. I feel like I have so much more energy than I usually do after my morning runs.

3. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Were you the one I told to find a baseball league to play in in the MLB thread? If so how did you like it?

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

No, I don't think so :-/

5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Motivation was incredibly low last week along with an aching body. Took Monday off and felt pretty good yesterday. Then I started to come down with something. Currently taking Zicam and wondering if I should push my body with a run or not. I'm supposed to be 6 weeks into marathon training but it's going pretty poor

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i'm trynna convince myself to take a rest day. been going pretty steady every day lately.

7. Supernova Nov 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 13, 2017)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Lucky ducks. MAYBE 2 more weeks of surgery recovery then I can run again. I hope. Going for a doc followup visit later in the week. I'm feeling better every day, but not lifting more than 20lbs or exerting in any way to avoid unnecessary injury.

It feels so good out today. :anguish:

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

i broke and ran even tho i was supposed to rest. its too nice out not to

Drewski, Supernova and 5Stories like this.
  9. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been having a lot of issues lately causing me to quit runs very early, partially due to social anxiety of seeing other people out and about, partially due to going out too fast and not having the stamina as a novice to sustain or the ability yet to properly pace myseelf, as well as the mental block of committing to a distance.

Tonight, however, I had my longest run yet. I committed to keeping it slow and easy with the goal of listening to a whole episode of my favorite podcast. Towards the end, after my podcast ended, I was about a half mile from home, so I kicked it up a notch and went harder than I had so far during the run, then ended up doing another .7 miles after reaching my house to end up at 6.2 miles.

I never anticipated running that far and if you had asked me in June if I would end up runningfor an hour straight, I wouldn’t’ve believed you.

It feels good to have an accomplishment like this under my belt, knowing that I can run longer than my mind thinks I can.

10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

The mental barriers in running are often harder to overcome than the physical ones. Nice job on pushing through!

11. bedwettingcosmo

ya im always telling myself i'm gonna slow it down and drag it out but then i end up just doing my same 3-5 mile spastic run. i need to be better at that.

dylan and sean_rugy like this.
  12. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

event season is finally over (!!!), looking forward to getting back into a more steady routine.

13. Michael Schmidt

Everyone in this thread should watch the Netflix documentary Icarus.

dylan, sean_rugy and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  14. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have any recommendations for necessary cold running weather gear? I'm in the Chicagoland area, so winters can get pretty cold. So far this fall I've been getting by with shorts and a t-shirt, but I know that's going to change once it's consistently below 35.

What do y'all wear when it's below freezing? Do people run when it's below 0? What are your winter must-haves?

(Family has been bugging me for an Xmas list, so might as well get some running stuff!)

15. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Dress 20 degrees warmer than it actually is. Anything more Is too much. Gloves and a good beanie are important. Would also suggest thicker socks that are still good to run in.

16. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Men's Power Stretch® Stimulus™ Glove

I really like those gloves for running. Honestly I’ve never run with it colder than 20 degrees and I’m never doing that again if I don’t have to but those worked great for me when I did.

17. Michael Schmidt

Running pants or tights, gloves, winter socks, half zips with thumb holes, long sleeve tech shirts, and long sleeve thermal base layer for the minus or negative windchill days. There are also running jackets too for the gnarly days. If your toes, fingers and ears are good you’ll be fine in the really cold weather.

Typically, you don’t need as much clothing as you think because your body heat tends to rise quickly after about a half mile in. Running in the winter/snow is not that bad. Cold rain and slush are the worst.

18. bedwettingcosmo

i usually get a good long sleeve top and layer it with a shirt and hoodie if its snowing or :heart:0. good gloves and a beanie are a must. i also layer running tights with my shorts.

19. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

My jaw was on the floor for the majority of that doc.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

Such a captivating story in more ways than one.

21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

People talking about gloves and ish...anyone got a pair they recommend?

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

23. Michael Schmidt

Anything warm and water resistant. I wouldn’t spend much on running gloves unless you want to find ways to spend more money.

24. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

25. bedwettingcosmo

i get the cheapest i can find that work with my phone.

sean_rugy likes this.