Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 27

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Just finished my second half of the year. Finished in 1:37. Not too happy with that time since I ran a 1:29 two months ago. But then again I did burn myself out in high mileage a few weeks ago.

Anyways tomorrow starts the slow build up to my next full marathon in January.

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

did 9 today and saw a dead dog on the side of the road so now my day sucks

3. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Bought some Hoka One One Clifton 3's today on clearance for $71 shipped. We'll see how this 5mm drop feel vs my current Brooks with 10mm. Those Brooks are my only pair of road running shoes so it will be nice to alternate from time to time.

Want to try some zero drop Altras one day so I figured I would go to a 5mm first instead of straight to it.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

once you go altra you'll never go back. torins are the comfiest thing i've ever worn.

Supernova likes this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Is there a Strava group for Chorus? First post, so sorry if that's redundant.

6. Supernova

I'll keep that in mind. I'm all about comfy. If these Hokas work out I'll prob be up for some new shoes around Christmas time.

7. bedwettingcosmo

na. you should start one

8. Supernova Aug 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 25, 2017)
    Supernova

Make it so @Drewski

Oh, btw, I did my first half marathon today. Not a legit one, just on my own for a Strava challenge. Basically a totally flat course and good 65 degrees for 1:55 total. Kept a good steady 8:55 pace for all of it until toward the last 2 miles where I wanted to juice it a bit.

9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@Jason Tate Could you give me a high res square logo in blue?

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

@Jason Tate 9th Google Images result for "Chorus fm" it won't let me grab it in full res.
    [​IMG]

11. Attached Files:

Drewski likes this.
  12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

13. 5Stories

Regular

Is there anyway to export workouts on mass from mapmyrun onto Strava? All my friends seem to use Strava but I'm loyal to mapmyrun seeing as it's got years of data.

14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I did this recently. It's a bit of chore but very doable. Go onto the MapMyRun website and you can download each run as an Excel file, and then you have to import them into Strava. Can't batch upload (I don't think...) so you gotta 1 by 1. Took me a bit (I only did my 2017 not my 2016) but so worth it. Strava is 100x better IMO.

5Stories likes this.
  15. 5Stories

Regular

Ok cool. A project for the late summer! In what ways would you say it's better?

16. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The functionalities are pretty much the same, but I just prefer Strava's UI and design by the length of a few football fields. I love the club functionality (I'm in a few Phish groups, just started the Chorus one) and the social aspect is awesome too. When you are like "ehhhh should I run?" and see someone else did that day, it gets you off your butt for sure.

Also, random but: I'm flying from NY to Colorado next week for Phish and I don't have tickets to 2 nights (they're going for $300 on StubHub). I half jokingly begged for tickets in my run title the other night and...HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY WORKED. Luckiest thing of all time.

Supernova, sean_rugy and 5Stories like this.
  17. bedwettingcosmo

dude shit we got a good group going here. props to ya'll for bein badass

edit - who's who on strava? i'm cj and i know supernova is patrick but thats it

sean_rugy and Supernova like this.
  18. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I'm Quin on strava

sean_rugy and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Drew Guarini

20. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Sean Rugenstein on Strava. finally getting back in the swing of running on more regular schedule after dealing with knee issues for years and damn does it feel good.

Supernova likes this.
  21. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

I'm me, on Strava.

22. bedwettingcosmo

Trent Gill likes this.
  23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

24. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

really surprised at how quickly I've gotten back up to what I would consider decent average splits for 5 my mile runs. I was a sprinter in my past life and absolutely loathed distance running, so this is all very new to me now. the goal is to lay down a solid base and get some half or 10k races in and maybe, just maybe shoot for the 2018 NYC Marathon.

now I just need some new shoes.

Trent Gill and Supernova like this.