Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 25

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

So is this just like facebook for running?

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

ya. i think my fav thing on strava is segments. ive only gotten 2 course records ever but its fun to try and go for it.

Brenden likes this.
  4. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

What does it have/do that Nike Plus doesn't? I'm pretty reliant on Nike + but after they removed friend challenges I don't have much of a reason to stick with it now

5. bedwettingcosmo

i was on nike + for years and went strava last year and haven't looked back. its alot more analytical imo and social.

6. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I never used the old Nike+ so I'm just familiar with the newer "Run Club" version. Run club seems to be a lot more fluff than what is necessary especially with all the Nike adds in the feed, Kevin Hart annoying voice, hard to locate friends, having not friends that even use it, ect......

Strava seems to be a "standard".

There was a segment on my bike trail I tried to get a PR in and I did. "CLT Climbing out of the the creek" was what it was called. I am 2nd place out of who I follow in that segment. This year I am 80th out of all the recorded it. 40th in my age groupe. 261 all-time. Stuff like that is super freaking cool. Love the stats side of it.

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I'm assuming the few adds I've received are you guys.

8. Supernova

Yezzir. "Patrick Bussey" is my on the streets name.

9. bedwettingcosmo

I think i added ya this morning.

10. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

Supernova likes this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

had a 5k today. finished in 16:18 at 5:15 per. felt good

/humblebrag

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Nice man! I'm hoping to get back to being that fast again. My PR is 16:13 but that was 11 years ago haha! I just ran a 5k in 18:24 over the weekend for the first time in YEARS. It was my first 5k since getting back to full-time running almost year ago now (August). I'm 30 now and definitely feel the difference from 10 years ago haha. It blows hard, but running seems much more enjoyable these days.

13. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Never thought about Strava. What are some perks to it?

14. bedwettingcosmo

im there with ya. pushin 30 next year and feel like my glory days are behind me but i've had some sort of resurgence since i started mixing in some trail running. has really helped me speed up on the road. its fun!

15. Supernova

Yeah a bit strange I bet seeing follows from random people who are from opposite sides of the continent haha. Yeah training going good, just trying to improve slowly but surly with a good regimen. I'm fighting this southeast heat and humidity though. At least it's going to condition me and set me up good for the fall/winter weather.

16. bedwettingcosmo

i like strava mostly for the social network type of community that is on there. im also super addicted to the segments. i'm always tryin to go for a course record and its fun to see how you progress on the different runs that you do.

17. Supernova Jul 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 24, 2017)
    Supernova

Ditto on segments. I just created a private segment(i'll prob be the only one to ever run it considering where it is by my house), so now I can track my PRs on that course with ease. You can make public ones as well so anyone can see and try to get a good time. If you and a friend on Strava run a route together, you can go in on the site and view a "flyby" that shows 2 little avatars of you and the friend in map mode on how you ran. Not explaining that good at all, but it's a cool thing to to see. Maybe not integral, but cool.

Looks like me and you are close to the same age, and I see you doing ridiculous times that I can only dream of at this point and maybe for the rest of my life. How long did it take you to get to say, sub 20 minute 5ks? If you even know. I've only been running for less than a year, and I'm sure you've been at it for much much longer. I know everyone is different and running comes more natural to some than others, but humor me. B-)

18. bedwettingcosmo

shit, thanks man. i started running when i was 15/16. i was scared to run outside cause i was a bit overweight so i just got a treadmill. id put incline to like 6.5 and just belt it out for 30 minutes and got pretty fast pretty quick. ended up doing cross country in hs and just developed an (at times) unhealthy addicition with it. always been a road runner up until the last 2 years when a friend introduced me to the trails. slowing it down and and runnin up mountains has made me faster than i could ever imagine being on the road at my age.

keep at it dude, you can get there if you really want! or don't. some of my favorite runs are when i just chill and enjoy the ride.

Supernova likes this.
  19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Of course as I start jogging this morning my hamstring fells slightly tweaked.

20. Supernova

I ran 99.71 miles in July. My goal was 100. Damn it all to hell.

21. bedwettingcosmo

count it

Supernova likes this.
  22. Supernova

I sure am. It's probably a Strava error anyway haha.

23. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I'm on strava now guys. But issue I'm having is that it only uploads the runs from my vivofit and not my forerunner 200. Anyone use it with garmin connect?

24. bedwettingcosmo

i just run with my phone in my hand heh

25. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I do. It automatically uploaded all my pay runs though which made me upset.