Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 20

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i think 9 is like 6:40 maybe a few seconds slower

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

3. Supernova Jan 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2017)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Finally got my new shoes in the mail today. Have been putting off running a bit until they came in since I was running on worn out Nike Free 7.0. My right knee seems to not like those. I bought Brooks Glycerin 14 and put them through 3.14 miles today on the track. Knee still hurt a bit but not near as much. Pulled that out in 26m:49s. I'm not in it totally for the speed, but I will be trying to beat that time and so on. IDK what's up with my knee though, never had trouble before. It doesn't kill me; just uncomfortable.

Now that I have these new shoes, I'm dying to get out for more. This weather down here in Alabama has been a'ok recently for outdoor activities.

4. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I refuse to run on a treadmill. I think doing any kind of serious training/running on one is a huge injury risk. I believe my plantar was caused by treadmill running.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

To me it seems it's more just how your own body reacts to the treadmill, versus something that happens to the majority of runners who use treadmills. I've never had an issue with treadmills my whole life

6. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

It all depends on how you use it. Most people that run on them, probably 90%, don't adjust the incline or parameters. This would lead to problems unless you have a near perfect stride and foot strike. Which, virtually no one does.

But hey if it works for you... I'd rather run through snow and slush as I have been for the past three weeks than step on a treadmill.

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I once say a man fly out of a window because he missteped while on a treadmill.

GrantCloud and Henry like this.
  8. Supernova

I run for of the experience, freedom, scenery, etc......(also to stay in shape blah blah blah) I don't think I've ever ran on a tread mill. Also, I don't go to a gym at all so I have no access to one.

9. bedwettingcosmo

why would not adjusting incline cause injury? fwiw i usually put my incline around 2

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Solid 7 miles this morning, 36 degrees; soaked with sweat by the end

Supernova likes this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I keep a steady 7 to 7.5 on the treadmill, and about a 1.5 incline for a couple miles.

I'm actually on the market for some new running shoes, I have been using Nike lunarglides for the last couple of years (for comfort really), but looking to branch out to a different kind. I have a pair of reebok nano crossfit shoes I use for weight training, i am not an avid runner as I usually just do cardio for warmups, so basically just looking for a relatively inexpensive shoe with max comfort, haha. Suggestions welcome!

12. bedwettingcosmo

i only run in altras now. the torin has changed my life.

13. wallssothick

Fountains and fluorescent lights

Down 10 lbs in 3 weeks by purely C25K. I want to incorporate weight training on my off days but I'm afraid to derail my progress.

Thoughts?

14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'd say get down to your intended weight if possible, then do the weight training you think necessary, moderating the weight gain/loss around your intended level

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Going on a 7 mile run Saturday morning with pretty much the most beautiful woman I've ever met, with brunch after; I don't think it's officially a date, but it pretty much is. I'm beyond stoked

16. bedwettingcosmo

what is c25k?

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

GrantCloud likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

oh nice

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Did 5 miles of stop and go today. Time to shrivel into nothing in my bath tub.

Supernova likes this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

did a 7 mile out and back to a dope peak in my backyard. about 2500 ft of elevation gain. im beat

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Been trying to get back into good running shape but my groin is like nope I'm gonna hurt after a half mile.

GrantCloud likes this.
  22. Supernova

Did 3.1 this evening in 27:47. Not my fastest, but I'm cool with it.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  23. Trent Gill

trentgill.ca Prestigious

24. Stilicho

Newbie Supporter

Also is anyone in here on "Zombies, Run!"?

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fuck, can't wait until this grad school semester is done, so I can really up my mileage, especially as it'll be much warmer out too