Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Running • Page 19

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

It was nice knowing you

FTank likes this.
  2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

High of 7 degrees next Wednesday; probably going to run inside for that run

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Fuck, it was cold tonight.....luckily I ran with some babes that kept the run interesting

dylan likes this.
  4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Surprised you lived

5. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

been doing runs before work in the frozen dark. 19 degrees sounds about right

6. bedwettingcosmo

all the sweat freezes on the brim of my beanie haha.

7. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

Anyone apply for/get in to the NYC Half in March?

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

7 degrees tomorrow morning and I'm going for a 6 mile run; it should be.....interesting...I bought a balaclava head/face thing, so basically only my eyes will show, so hopefully I'm warm enough.

And again, the only reason I'm not going to a gym to treadmill run instead is that I've convinced a babe to run with me as well

9. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Men will kill themselves for girls.

dylan and Ferrari333SP like this.
  10. bedwettingcosmo

In reno this morning and wanted to get a run in but it's pouring and I didn't bring any good gear

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It actually wasn't too bad; I essentially had 4 layers on. A short sleeve technical, two long sleeve technical shirts, and a Nike running jacket. Even though it was 4 degrees, I was still sweating half way through the run, so had to unzip my jacket and basically have it so only my arms were in the sleeves. Balaclava got too warm, so took that off too. Thighs were pretty cold though

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

dylan likes this.
  13. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

A lot of my 2017 goals are based around running and im off to a shitty start haha. ran new years day morning on sunday and not since

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  14. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Myself I got to run inside the new US Bank Stadium yesterday; they open it during the winter to roller skaters and runners to do laps around the concourse, skaters on the main floor and runners on the upper floor. $3 for 3 hours of access. It was pretty fun; wide lanes, plenty of water fountains, brightly lit, music bumpin', good times. Even had a ramp open for people to do a hill workout on, haha. Only downside was that you were running on concrete, so by my 10th lap my knees were hurting.

[​IMG]

dylan likes this.
  15. 5Stories

Regular

I've been running for nearly 3 years now. It's become a huge part of my life, I love setting myself targets and fulfilling them and the feeling of freedom when I'm out. It's like the one point in my life when I feel totally in control. At the end of last year I FINALLY ran a sub-2 hour half (1.58, yay!). Now setting myself the goal to definitely run a marathon this year, somewhere interesting in Europe I think. Applied for the London marathon two years running but not got a place. Just need to be weary of those dastardly shin splints so working on some strengthening while I recover from this cold.

dylan likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

snowed 2 feet this week. been wrecking the treadmill recently.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Tell ya what. After years of running Cross Country/Track, I've managed to maintain about 75% of that training throughout my adult life. I was born and raised in the Midwest (Indiana) and winter running was always a journey, especially in the sand dunes at the state park. Legs numb, mouth tasting like pennies bc of the cold. Since then, I've moved to San Diego and have been here for about two years now. Running in winter here is like running in the Spring in Indiana. I didn't skip a beat with my training transition out here, but for awhile my body basically hit the restart button since running out here. At times I felt like I never ran a day in my life because the terrain is so different and there are massive hills everywhere. The trails are amazing and long. Just so dry at times. I can't wait to visit back in Indiana and run a 5K to see what my time would be compared to a 5k out here. I definitely do not miss winter running in the midwest. Running in the rain was always great though.

18. bedwettingcosmo

would think the elevation difference would make it a bit easier to run in diego. i'm at 4500 feet where i live so whenever i get to california i feel like fuckin superman running at sea level.

Michael Schmidt and dylan like this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

snowed all week and then rained today. probably had the worst run of my life in all the slush. ill stick to the treadmill.

20. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

GrantCloud, Ferrari333SP and 5Stories like this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

whats wrong with the treadmill

22. bedwettingcosmo

anyone else feel like a dick putting speed on 9+

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I happen to not mind the treadmill either; I know a bunch of pro runners who use the treadmill all the time in the winter. I try to end my treadmill runs at 9 and above, just for a quick sprint/speed burst to end the run on a high. Everybody else around me running at their 6's and maybe 7's, but whatever, haha

24. bedwettingcosmo

I like to kick it around 8.6 with a few on incline and then boost up to 9.5 for the last half mile with no inclin

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I feel like I'm an experienced runner, but I have no idea how to translate per mile pace to treadmill speed.