Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Runaway Brother - new pocket (2/16/2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Where’s that Silverstein review at?

2. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I officially love this album. It’s even overshadowing Pianos for me (mostly because I can listen to it irrespective of mood)

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yayyyyy

4. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

this is really damn good yeah!!!!!!!!!

5. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Cats In The Sun -> Kissing -> Pillow is such a perfect trifecta of music.

6. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've given this a bunch of listens and will give it a few more, but this unfortunately is doing nothing for me after I absolutely adored Mother and played it into the ground. I think the big thing for me is that the album doesn't have any big moments that reach out and grab me in the vein of the chorus of "Moth" or the next level breakdown of "Virgin Rock." Respect for transitioning to a softer and more layered sound in a seamless fashion, but it's just not nearly as full of the life and energy that made Mother so thoroughly addictive and listenable.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

might see them tonight!

8. cwhit

they were really great last night, it's so wonderful seeing how far they've come in the seven years i've known them. they seem to jam out/groove more live, i see the weatherbox influence so much more in performance

band shared with me a few secrets, cool stuff is probably coming soon. try to catch them on this tour if you can though, support them, they're having a blast

9. nohandstoholdonto

How much are they selling vinyl for, if you remember?

10. cwhit

11. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Might be my favorite album of the year so far. Their sound on this is hitting all the right spots for me at the moment.

12. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

thought the front half was pretty slow and i was ready to be disappointed, but fuck this really picks up steam at no fuzz and ends well. kinda feel like it’d work better as an EP but i definitely enjoy it more than expected after the first few tracks.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah back half is significantly better

14. Smage

Cats in the Sun is my favorite at the moment. All Saints Day has also grown on me a lot.

15. nohandstoholdonto

I’d probably pick the first half over the back half if I had to, personally.

16. nohandstoholdonto Mar 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2018)
    nohandstoholdonto

If anyone wants lyrics, here they are, straight from the booklet. Noticed they weren’t online and wanted to post them somewhere but didn’t know where else but here.

TheBaroness and Matt Metzler like this.
  17. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Just found out these guys are playing a super small place in town (I assume because Caleb from Sinai Vessel lives here and booked them), listened to the album, and am now quite excited.

nohandstoholdonto and cwhit like this.
  18. nohandstoholdonto

They’re soooo soooo good live.

19. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Yeah they absolutely crushed it when they were here

20. Gooddayz

always and forever

Decided to listen to this album on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. I really liked it, reminded me a bit of some early death cab.

Smage likes this.
  21. Smage

My thoughts exactly. At times his voice/melodies remind me of older death cab. In the middle of Bully, there's a guitar lick that sounds like it was taken straight out of the title track Transatlanticism.

jordalsh likes this.
  22. nohandstoholdonto

I hear some Built To Spill too, especially Apple Care Directly.

Gooddayz and jordalsh like this.
  23. Gooddayz

always and forever

The closer on this is perfect.

24. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

This reminds me a ton of The Sidekicks’ last album.

25. Gooddayz

always and forever

Oh dang, yeah that's a great catch. It totally does and also Obscured by Light reminded me a lot of We Laugh Indoors from TPA.