Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 3 (December 24, 2016) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Josh Awesome

@team_newton Prestigious

This album is fucking awesome. The beats are funky and fantastic. Glad to see this didn't let me down one bit.

2. radiodead

Trusted

I think Hey Kids, Panther like a Panther, and Legend Has It are the immediate standouts.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Yeah was honestly expecting to be bored by this project by now but this is fantastic. Probably the best of the 3. Production's off the charts

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

The rapping is more of the same but I can't help but feel like the beats are markedly different

5. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

yeah rapping doesn't wow me too much. But love the beats, a lot.

6. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Thoughts:

"Panther Like a Panther" is a clear highlight

This would be much much better if it was trimmed to the best 8-10 tracks

Hence, RTJ 1 is still the best

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This is better than expected. Liking it quite a bit.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. I like this quite a bit. "Panther" is my favorite track so far.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I like all of panther but that "im the shit bitch" line over and over kills it for me.

suicidesaints likes this.
  11. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Big fan of Call Ticketron

12. fixius

Regular Supporter

Honestly think the 1-2 punch of Everybody Stay Calm and Oh Mama is the only weak point of this album.

13. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Talk To Me and Call Ticketron are my jams.

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

After one listen I'd say it's my least favorite of the three, but the second one took time to grow on me as well

suicidesaints likes this.
  15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I'm liking this significantly less with each listen.

16. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

G O L D G O L D THAT'S GOLD

17. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

In all honestly so far I really don't like most tracks that much.

18. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

RTJ2 was immediate for me. This one not so much, I still enjoy a couple tracks a lot, but there isn't anything that jumps out at me like Oh My Darling, Close Your Eyes, or Lie,Cheat,Steal did on 2. I'm gonna give it a few more listens though and see.

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

thats how it tends to go with their albums

20. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

With 2, I always found more to like over time. And then seeing them live made me have a greater appreciation for both the albums. But this one is so whatever. I was pleasantly surprised the first time through. The beats are top notch, the guests (especially Danny and Kamasi) are great, but then I hear them rapping and I fall asleep.

GettingSodas and suicidesaints like this.
  21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

2 was kind of a bell curve, it got better at first then after a while it got worse

suicidesaints and dylan like this.
  22. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah i remember being super amped when like, 36 inch chain dropped and telling my friend about how "its big boi el-p and killer mike rapping their fucking asses off" as a way of confirming it's quality. i've probably listened to both those records like twice through each and then never again. i think it works on paper but it just doesnt do it for me.

23. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

I get why people might be getting bored with their formula but I love all 3 records. They aren't what I turn to when I want something too deep or profound, but the beats bang and the energy on these albums is amazing. Plus I'm a Mike stan, so whatever he does I'll probably be into for a while.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Really trying to catch them in Pittsburgh

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm bummed that Cleveland is the same night as Pianos is here but I've seen Pianos a bunch and I'm sure I will see them again later this year with a new record