Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Run (HBO) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 14, 2020.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Feb 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2020)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Created, written and executive produced by Vicky Jones, HBO’s new half-hour comedy series RUN, debuting SUNDAY, APRIL 12 (10:30-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), follows a woman (Merritt Wever) whose humdrum life is thrown upside down when she receives a text from her college sweetheart (Domnhall Gleeson) inviting her to drop everything and meet him in New York to fulfill the pact they made 17 years earlier.

Executive produced by Vicky Jones, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Jenny Robins, Kate Dennis, Emily Leo and Oliver Roskill of Wigwam Films

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  2. Phoebe touched it, I'm in.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

yuuuup

4. Uhhh yes please. I like everyone involved in this.

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

looks great

7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Pheebs, Weaver, and Hot Gleeson, I'm in.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone watch this

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

the priest from Lady Bird!
    Merritt and Domhnall have great chemistry and he is so much hotter without the beard and with an Irish accent haha

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

just heard about this for the first time about 3 minutes ago, definitely interested

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

oh no

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That quote is super disappointing, especially to see right after the premiere which I really liked. Domhnall and Merritt are perfect.

13. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man, i loved this. super excited for more

Whalejaw likes this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I can't believe Ruby named her kid Scooter

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really not thrilled with the way Fiona is written so far.

16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’ve enjoyed every episode so far but it feels as if the chemistry between the two actors is the only thing holding it together right now. Hoping they do a better job of fleshing out the characters around them if they do a second season.

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I actually think the ending of the most recent episode jumped the shark for me. I’ll still finish it since it’s so short and some parts have been fun each episode, but it’s a very different show than what I expected and not in a good way.

Whalejaw likes this.
  18. This show is a mess.

19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I can’t tell if I like this show or absolutely hate it

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I hate it, which is a huge disappointment. If it wasn’t SO short and I didn’t have major issues quitting shows in the middle, I would dip out right now. The whole premise has changed so much from the first few episodes that it’s basically unrecognizable.

I saw one review comment comparing it to the screwball comedies of the 30s, but the problem with that is those were, you know, funny. This is just nonsense on top of nonsense but with increasingly unlikeable people and a wildly shifting tone.

21. I can't imagine coming up with such a cool premise and having so much chemistry between your leads and then spending all your time creating contrived drama instead of focusing on their relationship.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I don't hate it but I don't like that it turned out Billy is a POS, if self help people are full of shit is the message of this I'm not sure how I feel about that I think we already knew

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I like the sheriffs last name was Cloud last nights episode

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Finale felt like it was cut short and ends suddenly, almost as if they were looking to tie off loose ends in case it gets cancelled. True mess of a show.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and GrantCloud like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah it sucks because this would have made a great movie
    hopefully there's a season 2 I guess lol

GrantCloud likes this.