Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rufio Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by y2jayjk, May 13, 2018.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is a great little EP from Scott and Clark from some songs they had written after Rufio broke up the first time (though two of these could potentially be newer, not really sure). It's very 80s-influenced so it's great to hear Clark shredding on these songs. I've missed it. haha.

EmoEmpire likes this.
  2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

3. razorburn

Trusted

4. Dog Fish

Mutt

how different could it really be than scott's solo stuff he's been pumping out?

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I mean, it depends on how involved the others are in the songwriting process. Scott's sound is obviously the core, but the other three mentioned are songwriters as well. Even that BigCity EP sounded quite a bit different just having Clark contributing to the lead.

6. Dog Fish

Mutt

How? How the hell can he pump out so many jams so quickly? I know he self-produces everything on his own; but you can hear the progress he's made in just a couple years. This one sounds pretty damn great. Being Strange had some great songs (the song itself is fantastic), but it's pretty unlistenable production-wise.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  7. He’s still got it.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I love that record. It's probably his best solo album from front to back (though I like them all).

I think the craziest thing about his output is that he doesn't really write a bunch of demos over a couple of months and then polish them all up for a release, he just writes a song a day and has them release-ready as he goes. It's wild when he gets on a writing kick and starts posting a song every single day that he just wrote.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not sure if anyone is interested, but here are the guitar tabs for the whole "Until It Hurts" album (both Guitar Pro and PDFs).
    Until It Hurts - Tabs - Google Drive

The only thing missing is track one which Scott basically put out the tabs for himself so I skipped it.

10. Dog Fish

Mutt

How many people here were able to see them live? Like 10 lol?

RedDotRecording likes this.
  11. Me! i saw them open for Brand New and Taking Back Sunday in like 2001 or 2002?

12. jayreimenschneider

Regular

Summer of '02, such an awesome show

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. Dog Fish

Mutt

Definitely watched a show from that tour on youtube - all 3 bands sets are on youtube.

14. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

I saw them headline Da Real Ting café in Jax with Senses Fail and Autopilot Off openers. 2003-04?

15. I caught them with MxPx and Relient K in 2005 — they’d just put out Comfort. Only time though. Still remember having to miss out on the tour they did with Senses Fail and Autopilot Off because I got myself grounded like a day before lol. That stung

nl5011 likes this.
  16. Dog Fish

Mutt

what'd you do?

17. Don’t recall for sure, but given the timing of it being April 2004, I was coming into the end of my freshman year. Best guess would be that’s when my mom finally found out my friends and I had been ditching P.E. basically all year long lmao. Didn’t think that one through :crylaugh:

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Saw them 5 times I think. First time was support for Yellowcard and Lagwagon in ‘03…what a lineup.

Then saw them headline twice (once with Senses Fail as support), once at Warped Tour in ‘04 and then one last time in 2010 after they came back with a new lineup (opening for Strung Out).

Dog Fish likes this.
  19. HueyLewis Feb 14, 2023
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2023)
    HueyLewis

Regular

Saw them and Autopilot Off open for The Ataris circa 2002.

20. wildXonesX182

pump up the valuum

Used to them like once a month in 02 and 03 at the cobalt in LA when they were starting out.

Dog Fish likes this.
  21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Same. Believe I had Sugarcult too

22. thatwasamoment

Since '06

Ruuffiioooo. I saw them with the Spill Canvas and Terminal.

The Emologist likes this.
  23. RedDotRecording

Record Engineer/Producer. Musician. Coffee Punk.

One of my bands opened up for them on whatever tour they were doing with Mae. Probably 2006-ish...but my brain is bad at time so it's hard to know!

Rufio ripped so much. They were SO awesome and were really cool guys. However good you thought they were on record they were somehow better live. The record ripped. Live it was unbelievable. Great vocals. Tight playing. The drummer has that Derek-of-Alkaline Trio thing going for him where he's playing truly bonkers stuff but his body is so relaxed and controlled and rehearsed that it never looks difficult. Crowd loved 'em. I loved 'em. It was so sick.

We had a great set. We were Strung Out/Lagwagon/No Use for a Name influenced protest punk rock trio who liked to play fast and weird but with some technical stuff in it. The crowd seemed stoked for us. Got a lot of hugs from people I had never met and a lot of people who still recognized us for a few years afterwards from that show.

Mae took the pizzas we ordered and the money we were supposed to be paid. Bass player was drunk and staring a group of girls near the front. The crowd hated them so maybe karma exists.

Mrk_Brdshw and Dog Fish like this.
  24. The Emologist

Crusted

What a lineup that is!

25. Dog Fish

Mutt

That's it. Who wan't my Everglow vinyl?