Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Royal Blood Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by LuigiPeppercorn, Jun 3, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Damn, I'm listening to a bunch of their stuff now and you were SO right... this dude is an incredible singer!! Just as good live too from the videos I've watched.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. I don't say that often, but this time, I really really really think this band is going to become one of the biggest in rock music. We'll see how their career goes, but the potential is immense.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Oh no doubt... I love their debut album and "Amsterdam" bodes well for the second!

4. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

This is pretty bad imo

5. StoJa9

Regular

I like it. Quality jam. Gonna be playing this album in the car for several days straight

6. I like this one a bit more than the others but it seems a bit basic

7. drip drip i'm listening to the full thing right now. nothing really exciting atm, i hope the second half has some curveballs

8. this is pretty bland and safe. can't really say there's anything bad or great, it's just very middle of the road rock music. exactly the same thing as the previous album now that I think about it. what bothers me the most this time is that nothing stands out. every song sound the same sonically. i'm not sure the production does them justice, it's not surprising they're a much better band live than in studio.

9. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't listened yet, but this was my main worry. There's only so much they can actually do with what they have, and it seemed like they weren't going to branch out this record. Will still listen, but I imagine I'll just think that this band hasn't progressed.

10. They found their formula, and it sometimes works. I just can't see me listening to 40 mins of that again without any variation. It seems like they're afraid of changing it up.

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

"I Only Lie When I Love You" is awesome

StoJa9 likes this.
  12. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Lp 3 is when they introduce the synths just wait.

earthlight likes this.
  13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait for when they change it up and people start complaining about that too

14. wouldn't surprise me. they're the kind of band to have a narrow minded fanbase who will undoubtly throw around terms like "sellouts", "corporate" or "mainstream" (spoiler alert : it's already the case) if they start getting softer, even tho their music is already accessible. hard rock fans are weird.

15. Some good songs but overall it's an underwhelming album.

Awksome and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  16. MFA

I feel exactly the same way. Hole In Your Heart is a banger but I can't actually remember what any of the other songs sound like, even after repeated listens.

17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Finally listened to this. I enjoyed it a good bit.

earthlight likes this.
  18. MFA

This is great, 6:05 onwards especially so

kyle likes this.
  19. MFA

Their first album was definitely lightning in a bottle. So aggressive yet smooth as hell. Pretty gutted the latest album was a lot lighter. These guys shine when they're doubling down on their heavier, wild side.

20. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i like this band. thanks.

StoJa9 and KidLightning like this.
  21. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

New song is pretty catchy but still feels like a Royal Blood tune. Pleasantly surprised.

I agree with most of the before here before being let down by the second album so cautiously optimistic about new music from the boys.