Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Royal Blood - Back to the Water Below (Sept. 1 2023)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bmir14, May 25, 2023.

1. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Love this band. New single "Mountains at Midnight" just released.

Royal Blood's Back To The Water Below tracklist:
    1. Mountains At Midnight
    2. Shiner In The Dark
    3. Pull Me Through
    4. The Firing Line
    5. Tell Me When It’s Too Late
    6. Triggers
    7. How Many More Times
    8. High Waters
    9. There Goes My Cool
    10. Waves

2. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

3. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Surprised it's not been posted here, but they played a big BBC music festival here this past weekend in the UK, and are now getting a lot of coverage for their dogshit and cringe attitude.

I've met Mike before, and he was a bit arrogant then, so I'm not exactly shocked..

Carrow likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That, my friends, is a wanker if I’ve ever seen one. Take your Axl Rose ass off the stage if you’re gonna treat people like that.

5. they're nowhere near as good as they think they are either lmfao

the most boilerplate rock band going and awful people to boot

6. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I think this is what makes it more cringe. They’ve reached a good level of success, but it feels like a lot of that is down to a lack of other mainstream rock acts.

He just comes across as so arrogant and condescending. Meanwhile peddling some mega generic derivative music.

Carrow likes this.
  7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

really can’t overstate how badly this band sucks

8. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I don't like to use the word "cringe", but I don't know any other way of describing this. It's harder to watch than the original performance.

9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I was about to agree but then realized I mistakenly thought i had clicked on the Avenged Sevenfold thread (because that band sucks). I'm OK with Royal BLood though.

10. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Curious why you think that video is "cringe"? Seems like a pretty genuine/bland discussion around what happened?

11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think that dude lacks self awareness if he thought he was being funny. Artists do not have to cater to everyone ever but the sheer disrespect in the live video is so egregious. If I were in the crowd and a fan, I’d be embarrassed to support them.

12. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Mike and Ben look like they're seeing their career flash before their eyes, and Mike trying to explain why he did it, including the "dry as MDF" comment, is just hard to watch. Maybe cringe was the wrong word, it's just a hard watch.

13. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Feels like one of those situations where a dry sense of humor is used poorly and then you just awkwardly and semi-unknowingly keep digging yourself a deeper hole. I don't think he was purposefully being a dbag.

That being said, I really don't know the dudes at all.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

ok thanks phil

15. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Enjoying this a lot. How Many More Times giving me some big Portugal the Man vibes.

Phantoms likes this.
  16. Phantoms

Regular

Quite enjoying this also. Liking how they’re gradually expanding their sound with more piano and diverse songwriting.

17. The previous album was the first one I liked front to back but this is such a bore and the production makes it sound so flat

18. Real rock music tho

19. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Yeah i loved the last album, but i'm glad they didn't just go further down that road