Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Roma (Alfonso Curaón; 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Aug 16, 2018.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Wow.

2. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I was literally just saying the other day that I feel pretty in touch with what my favorite directors are doing, but admitted to having no idea what Alfonso Curaon was up to.

I am here for this for sure.

3. Dog with a Blog

finally.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

Good to see him go back to his heritage. It will likely be an important film of the year.

jkauf likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

Surprised at the lack of Lubezki. Still looks pretty though.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Very excited for this.

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

8. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

looks incredible, wow

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like Cuaron always gets overlooked in mentions of greatest living directors but like...has he made a bad movie?

stayillogical likes this.
  10. primavera

he made gravity and azkaban, so yes.

11. Dog with a Blog

I’ll fight for Azkaban but yeah, Gravity was pretty disappointing. Fucking love Children of Men though and I’ll see anything he makes because of it.

Connor and coleslawed like this.
  12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

What the fuck. Azkaban is the best Potter movie. gravity is a technical masterpiece. GTFO of here.

13. primavera

azkaban being the best harry potter movie, which i agree with, doesn’t mean it isn’t a bad movie.

i could care less about gravity being a “technical masterpiece.” there are plenty of other “technical masterpieces” out there that are still better movies. and he’s proven he does his best work in smaller films.

14. Morrissey

Trusted

Gravity is a good film, but not near his best work. I never had a reason to watch the Harry Potter film.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Gravity and Azkaban are both great imo. I haven't seen Great Expectations though and don't have much reason to.

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

This year’s Golden Lion winner

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Reviews for this are awesome so far.

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

I heard this is getting some sort of limited theatrical release? I’ve heard from a friend that works at a local cinema that it’s coming back to Toronto at least. If you get the chance, see it at the cinema. The sound design alone is astonishing.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

21. primavera

trailer was more effecting than i expected

22. Dog with a Blog

Looks absolutely gorgeous

23. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Just found out that this is playing at the Indiana University cinema in a few weeks, very excited to get to see it in a theater.

24. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Definitely see this in a theater with great sound, if possible. The sound editing and cinematography was gorgeous. The acting is great too.

The movie as a whole I’m still debating. I didn’t feel that connected to the family and main character as I had hoped. But I know others that openly sobbed throughout it. It kind of has a “Boyhood” where admire so much about it, but still felt like there was an emotional barrier that kept me from loving it.

25. flask

Trusted Supporter

Playing in LA right now but im hoping for something a little bit closer.