Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rolling Stone’s Top 40 Punk Albums • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

lol wait what?^^^^^^

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. Hahaha well I was kinda joking. I've just never been particularly interested in the punk genre, and my rock interests are set pretty squarely between 2001-today.

3. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

DEVO?!?!

This is some strange list.

Glad to see Minor Threat and Fugazi in there. Personal opinion here, but '...And Out Come the Wolves' and 'Punk in Drublic' deserved some recognition.

patrickhowell likes this.
  4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I find it strange they would include albums which are punk in ethos more than sound such as Evol, yet choose the "true punk" Clash album over London Calling.

5. noKings

Regular

If you've never heard a Nirvana song from Nevermind, you must be listening to music... in a hole. A deep, dark hole. It's actually quite impressive.

6. J.Dick

Regular

Really? I've heard them all and own a bunch.
    Fugazi 13 Songs is the best record on here probably.

7. J.Dick

Regular

Suffer is the first melodic punk album and even though it's not my favorite by them it deserves a spot in top 40 easily.

8. Jason are you saying you don't like London Calling? Because........

9. Thought that was weird as well.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

weird, since white lung is about to put out their best record in a few months

11. I probably have. I'm sure I've heard scattered tracks from a dozen or so of these albums. Just none of the full albums outright

12. That's good to know. Maybe I'll check that album out. If nothing else it'll be a good history lesson.

13. J.Dick

Regular

You should listen to ALL the Fugazi records.

14. J.Dick

Regular

Also: 13 Songs is not technically an album but a compilation of 2 EPs (S/T and Margin Walker).

15. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Fun House but not Raw Power?

16. Hahahahah duly noted

17. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I've listened to them all but just can't fall in love with Fugazi. Really dig Repeater especially but something about them fails to hit me right.

18. J.Dick

Regular

Kids these days!!
    In On The Killtaker is so great...all their records are so great!

19. wanielledalsh

Hunger makes me a modern girl

very much agree with the thought that this list is weird, because it is. plus (GI) is too low.

20. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Yeah I have really tried to get into them and will no doubt try again so fingers crossed.