Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards, December 16, 2016) Movie • Page 81

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jan 26, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's been a couple of years since I watched this, so I'll be curious to see how it's aged for me.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

3. It's definitely one of the most beautiful Star Wars movies

4. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I watched it again last night and man, that last hour is some of my favorite Star Wars content. I would’ve watched an entire movie of just an extended Scarif battle.

Dodger, theagentcoma and Ferrari333SP like this.
  5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Seems like Disney+ is the new/only way to currently watch this in UHD? Man that’ll be nice. It’s my favorite SW so far.

6. aoftbsten Nov 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 27, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Just kicked off my rewatch with this. My puppy was distracting me a lot during the first hour (didn't mind too much because he's cute), so I may have to go back and rewatch that. But the cold open is still fantastic. Reading Rebel Rising helped me appreciate Jyn & Saw's scene better. And boy oh boy has that third act aged well. You feel like you're on Scarif with them. And it's probably the best space battle. Also, RIP to my boys Baze & Chirrut. The movie needs more of them and their old married couple vibe.

The score, while still distracting at times, is better than I remembered. Krennic's theme is actually really good.

The rewatch also has me more excited for the Cassian series. I kind of hope it leads right up to this. Wouldn't mind if we get some stuff from Saw in there too.

Next up: A New Hope

7. Yeah this is so much better than people give it credit for. So well shot. Emotional. Good story.

bodkins, disambigujason, Ken and 8 others like this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I'm halfway through this one on the rewatch. The cinematography and sets are outstanding. I love the 70s style sideburns a lot of the guys have haha

bodkins, Ken, Ferrari333SP and 2 others like this.
  9. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

This was on tv the other day and A New Hope was on after.....such a good ending and a good transition into the original. This movie rules.

Ken, Ferrari333SP and imthesheriff like this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I re watched this two weeks ago, and the pacing in the beginning wasn’t as noticeable. Pretty much though as soon as Jyn gets to Jeda it gets rolling. I love the stormtrooper/resistance ambush in that scene.

airik625 and Ken like this.
  11. theagentcoma

I forgot how hilarious Chirrut's line is: "Are you kidding me? I'm blind!"

I loved Donnie Yen in this.

12. Forest Whitaker was probably the worst part of this movie.

13. theagentcoma

definitely a case of over-acting

spiffa0 likes this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I like his performance in this, but probably not for the right reasons haha. It’s supposed to be scary I think but it’s goofy.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

He’s my favorite character in it for sure.
    This is where I get more engaged as well. It’s a great battle scene. The only part that takes me out is Jyn running to save that kid. It just feels like a studio note of “she needs to be more likable. Have her save a kid or something”.

17. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

She does more stuff like that. She's shown continually to be an empathetic character who, despite her disillusionment, is still all about doing the right thing. After Chirrut and Baze take out the stormtroopers she jumps out in front of K2 to stop Baze from turning him to scrap. She's the one who breaks Bodhi out of his post-Bor Gullet haze simply by being empathetic and repeating his words back to him, believing him, "You're the pilot, you brought the message." I really think that's how Gary Whitta wrote the character.

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Not letting strangers kill an ally isn’t really an act of empathy.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

K2 is still my favorite Star Wars character.

[​IMG]

20. After the re-watch last night, I can't believe Disney actually let them basically kill everyone.

This also has some of the best looking just pure shots of any Star Wars movie. Some truly gorgeous cinematography.

coleslawed, bodkins, airik625 and 6 others like this.
  21. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

K2 had more personality and warmth than all his human team mates.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I really wanna take a vacation to Scarif haha

24. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

It is when she was just telling him she didn't want him out on the battlefield because people might try to shoot him, miss, and hit her and called him "target practice." K2 was also very untrusting of Jyn the entire time, including telling Cassian he shouldn't have given her a gun.

I'd argue that Jyn hadn't truly accepted any of them as allies until after she spoke with her father or processed what went down before she gave her speech. K2 was, for all intents and purposes at that moment, her captor and hostage taker.

coleslawed and imthesheriff like this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Honestly never really noticed her jumping in front of K2 first. I suppose it's a nice touch, though I partially agree with what @Greg said too. As for the Bodhi one, I'd need to watch that particular interaction more closely, but that one seems more out of self interest to get everyone else to believe her. Still, I appreciate the points. I always like seeing these things from another perspective.

While I think TLJ has some of the best single shots of the entire series, on the whole this has to be the best looking one.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.