Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards, December 16, 2016) Movie • Page 80

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jan 26, 2016.

1. bodkins

Trusted

ship90 and Brother Beck like this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I agree. I think ending on a wedding would have been a bad idea. I love the way everyone assumed Disney would not let them kill off all of the main characters when they were actually fine with the idea. Allegedly. I take literally everything I read about any of these productions with a HUGE grain of salt. The good, the bad, the mundane.

ship90 and bodkins like this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I kind of like the idea of the Death Star being a mystery at the beginning. Though, it obviously wouldn't have been a mystery to the audience.

4. Rogue One has grown on me over time. The first act will always be a mess but damn that last act is so good.

Solo is still poop though.

5. I like Solo more than RO. :shrug:

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yep. (Still really like RO too though).

bodkins and Jason Tate like this.
  7. coleslawed, bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Same, and it's not even close for me either, I like Solo way more

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

3D040D87-93A4-456E-AB44-C55763430740.gif

Really, though, I'm happy for the people who worked hard on Solo that a lot of people really like it, even though I really don't. But, I happen to like Rogue One a heck of a lot more; it's my 4th favorite Star Wars film.

Pretty intrigued by that Cassian Disney+ spinoff coming out next year, even though a prequel to a prequel seems like something I shouldn't care about. Especially if it ends up meaning more K-2SO. I think Chirrut & Baze would've been a more interesting thread to follow, but still, Diego Luna is cool, so I'm down.

10. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The first hour of Rogue One really hurts the film. I still like it, but it easily my least favorite of the Disney Star Wars. I also enjoy Solo way more, too.

aoftbsten likes this.
  11. I'll never watch Solo again. I will watch Rogue One again.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I personally think RO is the better film, but Solo perhaps being the better SW film. If that makes sense.....

coleslawed and disambigujason like this.
  13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I need to watch BOTH of these again

14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

every couple months the same 3 people whisper the same thing into the void that is this thread

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, but what do we really think about Iron Man 3?

Dodger, awakeohsleeper and Nyquist like this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Solo was just so much more engaging and entertaining for me. I was honestly bored throughout a lot of Rogue One, despite the final action sequence being obviously very good. Also I've said this before but I haven't seen Rogue One since I saw it in the theater but I have thrown on Solo a couple times since I first saw it.

17. [​IMG]

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  18. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Rewatched this over the weekend, so good.

Ken, bodkins, Brother Beck and 4 others like this.
  19. NitrateDawn

Regular

Also rewatched this over the weekend. All my problems with it remain, but I always forget how great the last act is

Dodger and Zilla like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Gonna kick off my movie rewatch this weekend. This might be first in my viewing order.

BackyardHero11 and Ferrari333SP like this.
  21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Been trying to decide when i'll start. Think I'm going to do Rogue One, New Hope, Empire, Phantom, Clones, Sith, Jedi, Awakens, Last Jedi

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This is the order I'm planning on right now but I'm inserting Solo between Jedi and TFA. One last ride with Han.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The ending of Rogue One is obviously spectacular, but I honestly love the first 2/3 just as much.

disambigujason, Ken and Dodger like this.
  24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I personally like the beginning of the film as well, especially the aesthetic - dark, gritty, with a clarity and sharpness in the cinematography that was really appealing. The scene shot on Iceland especially springs to mind

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]