Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Gareth Edwards, December 16, 2016) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Star Wars continuing to use POCs and women... I love it.

jkauf likes this.
  2. One of the better actors working today IMO.

dpatrickguy and alex miller like this.
  3. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

:pondathumb::pondathumb:
    Vader in that book was great. I hope we get a little more of him in this movie than we saw in the book though.

I'm really starting to think so. With the rumors of him being one of if not the major villain in Rebels next season, and him being pretty big in this movie, it all kind of makes since since things are getting so close to one another now.

This trailer really surprised me with how pumped i got watching it. It was fantastic. So great to see all the characters finally. the new stormtroopers, more rebels looking AT-ATs, that quick shot at what looks like Emperor Palpatine, and i know there's so much more in this movie. Also, that score holy hell. It's exciting to see what other composers can bring to the table based off of what John Williams has done with Star Wars.

pumped! :pondathumb::stormtrooper::walker:

4. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I feel a similar sentiment but I'm 100% going to see this no matter what and will form a *proper* opinion about that after I've actually seen it. I understand being skeptical but after episode VII I don't have any reason not to trust Disney at the moment.

5. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

that person is just wrong. This is sooooo very star wars, while changing the overall tone. It's not about jedi and the force, it's a war movie about beings fighting the empire and i freaking love it. Honestly the style and tone based on the trailer is even better than i expected or hoped for. I'm over the moon excited for this.
    The anthology movies need to be different in tone and feel from the saga, they have to stand out in a different way from the other films.

alex miller and Owlex like this.
  6. great trailer. seems like this movie is going to have a darker tone.

fenway89 likes this.
  7. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Of the planned spinoff films (for lack of a better term) this was the one I was most excited for, but still wasn't entirely sold on. Now I'm 100% ready. Felicity Jones looks like she'll be great.

8. FlayedManOfSF Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I can't even put into words.
    That's Genevieve O'Reilly. She played Mon Mothma in Revenge of the Sith, though I'm not sure if she made it in the actual film, here's her deleted scene.

We do get the Imperial March at the end though, so in a way Vader is there. Also, we hear him breath at the very end when Jyn turns around. It's very subtle so it's easy to miss.

Dave Filoni has been teasing a huge connection between Rogue One and Star Wars Rebels that will be announced at Celebration so I guess we'll know for sure then.

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

This looks amazing

Pls kill the Han Solo spin-off

fenway89 and MrRobot like this.
  10. alex miller

Regular

I thought that originally, but it's got me really excited because Phil Lord and Chris Miller (The Lego Movie, 21-22 Jump Street) are making it.

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Alexander Desplat is one of my favorite composers, so really excited for his score

Favorite score of his is probably the one his did for Clooney's movie "Syriana"

fenway89 and alex miller like this.
  12. younglikeme

ii // YLM

I have the same gut feeling, wanting to kill off the Han Solo spin-off, but after VII & this trailer, I'm in a very trusting mood haha

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Loving the new trailer. Going to be a good one!

younglikeme likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Also still really happy about the Felicity Jones casting.

15. I'm keeping my eye out.

This made me LOL. The avatar made it that much more funny. Love it.

He better have a good dry cleaner, whoever he is.

Oh, man. That would be great. I wonder just how much story is left in Rebels and what will follow after for Filoni.

Good catch. I admit, I don't have the best sound here at work so I missed a lot of the audio detail.

I read about Genevieve's cut scene on Twitter this morning. What a great casting. She's perfect.

16. alex miller

Regular

I'm glad everyone here is as excited as I am. My Twitter feed is bleh.

17. I have 3 strictly Star Wars Twitter feeds that are fire. What makes me most stoked is the response on my personal feed. Lot's of buzz on this one, which is important. I think the tone we set of the first anthology movie will be deterministic for the development of any to follow.

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I was surprsied about the focus on the Jyn character. I thought it was going to be more an ensemble/team situation. Maybe it's marketing in response to the love for Rey.

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

SO EXCITED. Watched on mute at work, but just the visuals were enough to conjur up some hype. Can't wait to watch a bunch more after work.

20. I'm thinking about it like Atlantis: The Lost City wherein Milo is the lead, but the entire team and their individual characters are super important too.

fenway89 likes this.
  21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

22. Beholdtheriver

Regular

[​IMG]
    So who is this? The Emperor? Doesn't look "bulky" enough to be Vader

23. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Just to assuage your concerns (if you have any): Freddie Prinze Jr. was on First Order Transmissions (Podcast) the other day and he was 100% sure Rebels will continue past Season 3 and was pretty much laughing at anyone who said otherwise. I really hope that Disney lets Filoni make a standalone Star Wars movie at some point. I want to see him write and direct a live action movie. He's the closest thing to George Lucas that Lucasfilm has.

24. I loved it.

25. Miss Heartcore

Let's build something Together Prestigious

My dad finally watched The Force Awakens last night and called me on the way to work to tell me all about this "new Star Wars movie"... "I didn't recognize any of the characters, but Forest Whitaker, and I really like that guy!" so I told him I would look into exactly what it was about since it seemed to be during Darth Vader's time.