Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Weirdly the $20 sale tickets are lawn tickets that are still on sale for exactly $19.99?

Was really hoping there would be a deal to be had. Real weird!

2. TMS2787

Trusted

They are $19.99 plus fees so you’re saving some money? It is weird though.

3. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Ah, I see. Guess that's something, but not sure I want lawn.. Will hold out a bit longer I think.

4. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Was able to actually get pretty good seats for the Tampa date for 20. Wasn't wild about paying 60+fees for this, but for 20, why not.

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

$20 to see Thrice alone is more than worth it.

Davjs likes this.
  6. DonnyFTW

Regular

I just don't want Lawn. The Toronto show is selling so poorly I thought for sure they'd open up the 400 Level for $20 tickets but no dice so far... I might have to just bite the bullet and hope they end up moving everyone up a rung.

7. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Just curious but where would you see ticket sales for shows?

8. DonnyFTW

Regular

No idea honestly. But on ticketmaster they have the seating chart since up to the 300 level is assigned seating and basically the whole 300 level hasn't sold a ticket.

9. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

I'm probably the only one that bought 300s almost right away :teethsmile: still worth it for myself but can definitely see the lawn and even 400s get moved up fast

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

In all honesty I'm probably going to skip this unless I can find someone unloading a pit ticket for less than $50. Keeping my fingers crossed.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

At my venue, there's typically the 100 sections right in front of the stage, with the center section (sometimes) removed for the pit, then the 200s behind that, and then the lawn. For this show, they are selling all of the 200 section seats as GA seating. They're still $50, though so I'll stick to the $20 lawn deal and just move up to that section (or beyond) on the day of the show. These shows are gonna be WAY underfilled.

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Why this isn't in the same type of parking lot/outdoor venues as Sad Summer is beyond me

Brent likes this.
  13. emojedi

Trusted

Sad Summer will sell better at almost every date I think.

14. DonnyFTW

Regular

You’re 100% right.

15. cameoutswingin

Regular

Because Live Nation

Brent likes this.
  16. Localman

Regular

It's too big for live nation Fillmore/HOB venues, but also, thinking this will fill amphitheaters is just silly

sawhney[rusted]2 and Brent like this.
  17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Would love to Have been in the discussions during the planning of this tour.

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

“So we know these bands draw about 1000-2000 a night on their own, they have overlapping fan bases, so combine them and they should be able to fill 25k cap Amphitheatres”

19. cameoutswingin

Regular

I wonder if there was a big headliner who dropped? Either way my guess is that the routing was put together by live nation to fill some off days in their 2nd tier amphitheaters. Then made a deal with SGE to build out a festival or something. There is clearly a hole to fill with warped being gone for these types of bands So Live Nation/SGE probably want to build out a successor to it. I don't believe that they really thought this would sell well, rather there has to be some deals going on with Live Nation that makes it so they break even or so in its first year.

Also didn't Coheed and TBS play these same venues last year? So that shows that they can have a profitable show with (presumably) half capacity crowd.

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Coheed/TBS was in smaller Live Nation sheds

Brent likes this.
  21. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I believe Coheed and TBS played the smaller amps (5-10k). Those are the exact venues I thought this would hit for sure.

ABRfan3295 likes this.
  22. cameoutswingin

Regular

Ah, I know at least the PNC arts center (NJ) was/is used for both tours, didn't really know about the others. But yeah then I guess that is strange that they wouldn't go to those 10k amps if Live Nation had them available. Only thing I could think of is the 2nd stage, if those smaller amps don't have a space for that.

23. Localman

Regular

That tour was at Pier 6 in Baltimore (4.4K cap I think). Would've been ideal for the DC/Baltimore market instead of Jiffy Lube Live (25K).

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  24. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Five Point Amphitheater was used for the Coheed/TBS tour and is gonna be used for this tour.

From what I saw it looked like the Coheed/TBS tour sold really well at that date, but it was the only SoCal date of the tour. So you gotta factor in LA people, OC people, and probably SD people too

25. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Okay guys now I'm worried I'll make plans around this and it'll get cancelled. The more I think about it, and look at pictures of the venues they're playing, the crazier it seems.