Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

pit for chicago after fees is like $100

2. mpoosang Mar 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 25, 2019)
    mpoosang

the Chula Vista venue has 20K :blank:

disrupt

3. TMS2787

Trusted

Where’d you read that at? I saw in two places it said two stages. Just curious which is right.

4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

This tour isn’t gonna sell well at all. Even if the Used decides to use this as an In Love And Death 15 year tour

red8ge likes this.
  5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Patiently waiting for a Groupon.

6. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I know it said only one band plays at a time.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

They might do it like Mayhem where there's a side stage in the parking lot and then a Main Stage that starts around 6 in the amphitheater.

riotspray and Davjs like this.
  8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I believe this is the case. That’s how Live Nation describes it for the Illinois date.

Doors: 1:00
    2nd stage: 1:30
    Main stage opens: 5:00
    Main stage: 6:00

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  9. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m thinking this tour will sell decent. A lot of the bands draw well/decent on their own Warped Tour isn’t a competition so I don’t see why it won’t do decent. Yea I think it should be all one price and GA but I still think it will sell okay.

Michael G likes this.
  10. TheSlyTurtle

Regular

I just don't know if I can justify taking a day off and paying $50+ w/ fees for The Used, TSSF, FYS, and Trophy Eyes when they're not even actual headlining sets.

11. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

The only bands I'm really into on this lineup (for the Chicago date at least) are Sum 41, Thrice, Atreyu, and Four Year Strong. I've seen all those bands several times, so I'm not really chomping at the bit to hit this up. Might be one of those last minute decisions week-of for me.

12. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

13. DonnyFTW

Regular

I'm fully prepared to go to this only if I can get like $20 tickets. I can't take the day off work so best case I can leave at 3 and hopefully be at the show by 5. $20 will be worth it for that but not sure I'd pay much more than that.

14. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

I fully expect this to end up on the Ticketmaster Memorial Day sale, which is generally 20$ so yeah definitely going to wait for that.

15. bennjeff

Regular

16. Joshua

Regular

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The venues are definitely too large for this festival. None of these bands are "mainstream" enough to fill amphitheaters.

With this being at Tinley Park (30+ minutes outside Chicago/no public transportation to get there) and on a Friday, there is going to be like no one there until 5PMish, and even then I can't imagine much of a crowd because non-suburbanites will not want to make the trek there and will just end up doing something closer in the city/wait until any bands they want to see on this come back and actually play in Chicago proper.

red8ge likes this.
  18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

YUP. This seems like a wildly optimistic booking strategy.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  19. bennjeff

Regular

Not that I doubt you, but do you have any data or anecdotes from Bands to support this? Most shows big/small I've been to here have been pretty well attended but we only moved to Boise like 2 years ago so it's hard to get a judge on the market. I honestly have no clue what a tour like this would draw here I'm actually super surprised it's coming through.

20. TMS2787

Trusted

$15 on Groupon? Oh my God. Haha. I looked to see if there was one for Thornville but there isn’t.

21. Joshua

Regular

Last time warped went to boise, it sold sub 5000 tickets. I remember buddy from senses fail talking in an interview about struggling to draw there too. I use to look at prp boxscores and generally speaking the smallest markets were either reno or boise, but that's just me looking at the bands that would play this type of festival, not really sure what the draw looks like outside of this scene

22. I think you're gonna see a lot of people going for the undercard. SWS and Andy Black will draw in the Hot Topic, slightly younger crowd. My friends and I are hitting Holmdel for The Story So Far, Four Year Strong and Trophy Eyes. I could not care less about The Used, Thrice or Circa Survive.

A Box Full of Sharp Objects slaps though.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I think a lot of these bands would be better served doing their own tours instead of these "Warped Tour" festival tours. Are that many people really going to take off work for the undercard, especially if they do not live within a reasonable (or easy to get to) distance from the venue? I mean yeah, people did it for Warped Tour, but there were way more bands for Warped. I don't think any of these bands have a big enough appeal to pull that many people to see them either in the afternoon or evening.

24. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'd maybe make the trip to Seattle, but it's on a weekday. I don't see this drawing more than a few thousand people in a giant amphitheater. These bands aren't huge and all would open Amphitheater tours. Also MMF and SWS have fallen off a ton so I don't see them drawing many people in.

red8ge and ItsAndrew like this.
  25. I think TSSF is going to get the same amount of time to play that Sum 41 is, because as soon as TSSF jumps off, Sum 41 joins. They aren't playing any dates together. Would love if they got like 50 minutes.