Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 31

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Irvine date was solid. Genuinely enjoyed every band I saw today (well, except for Andy Black). Highlights were Sum 41, The Used and Thrice. It was very cool seeing the venue packed after seeing/hearing how this tour wasn’t doing so hot. Venue must’ve been about 85% full or more when Sum 41 was on. Crowd was beyond enthusiastic for the headliners, and it was pretty magical seeing thousands of people dancing, and singing along to In Too Deep during Sum 41’s set. Definitely put a smile on my face.

Lots of people left before or during Thrice which was a bummer, considering it was a hometown show, but otherwise, this was probably the best date so far, and I’m beyond curious to see how well the other dates do.

Also Dustin said “see you in December” at the end of Thrice’s set, so take that what you will

GEM37 likes this.
  2. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Glad thrice is touring later this year. I mainly wanted to go for them and Sum 41.

riotspray likes this.
  3. NoiseAndXXX

Irvine was SOLID. Huge crowd, everyone singing along, the pit was active! It seemed like the amphitheater was mostly full, though I was toward the front and didn't turn around to look when the headliners were playing. I think it holds 6500 not including the pit. I saw Circa, Sum, The Used and Thrice, and all of them genuinely seemed to be having a good time and not phoning it in. The crowd was loving it. I've seen The Used 4-5 times over the years and this was the best I've ever seen Bert look and perform- he looks healthy now and was perfectly in tune (though he called in Sleeping With Sirens to scream the parts in the last song- but that was actually awesome!) Sum 41 had the tightest set- they retooled their first record hits to a be a little harder and highlighted guitar solos. They're going for the arena rock band thing and I'm here for it. They said they'd be back in LA in October.

I'd go to Disrupt next year for sure. I agree they need a better social media presence to promote.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  4. sam_might_say

Yeah Kellin killed it with those screams on Sharp Objects. You know. I’ve never been a big fan of SWS but I gotta admit they put on a darn good set

5. Michael G

Regular

Idaho’s crowd looks about like what you’d expect a weekday, day time show in a Boise suburb would look like

Brent likes this.
  6. bennjeff

Regular

Thrice just finished up in Idaho and it’s unfair to all other bands how great they sound live

7. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Highlights of tonight’s San Diego show:

- Dustin catching someone clock watching and calling them out on it
    - Bert saying “wrong band motherfucker” and doing some random self indulgent Shakespeare quotes

Overall an OK show littered with moments where you realised the bands didn’t give a fuck.

D-

Brent likes this.
  8. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

P.s. The Used didn’t sound terrible by any means, but I honestly don’t think I can see them live ever again. I saw them at a S/T album anniversary and again tonight, both times pretty much murdering any enjoyment they gave me. They make their old stuff feel contrived, when it doesn’t need to be. Mostly driven by Bert’s self-righteous, to be fair. Musically they sound decent. The elephant in the room being the random guitarist who plays for them. Quinn got out at the right time.

9. zachmacD

Trusted

What makes you say that?

10. sam_might_say

lol what made him say that? (The “wrong band” thing)

How exactly is he The Elephant in the room? Because he’s new?

11. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

More with the drama of Quinn and Justin, it seems like they’ve just got a ringer in. He’s the best guitarist & backing vocalist they’ve had.

12. sam_might_say

Agreed!

13. Michael G

Regular

Wow yeah Sleeping With Sirens definitely brought the energy! I’m here at the Albuquerque date and they don’t have the festival stage, everyone is playing on the main amphitheater stage. After SWS, everyone from all the bands came on stage for a big group photo, it was pretty neat

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Is today the last night of the tour?

I'm assuming once this is over Sum 41 (along with some others) will announce their Fall headlining tours.

Davjs and Daniel182 like this.
  15. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it is! Think they said they were playing San Diego in November!

manoverboard365 likes this.
  16. sam_might_say

Yeah I’m very much looking forward to that

They did the same for the Irvine date (stage setup) What was the draw for the Albuquerque date?

17. Xpertguy5

Trusted

So we know Sum 41 and Thrice are touring in the fall. Any others that are touring?

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I heard a band may be touring

Brent, Xpertguy5 and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  19. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Who is this band

20. bkaeser93

Trusted

I think SWS is touring in the fall. They have a new album coming out in September

21. Michael G Jul 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 29, 2019)
    Michael G

Regular

The attendance was honestly not bad, I thought it would’ve been pretty empty but there was a good amount of people and they were all rowdy and jumping. I feel bad for Thrice though, everyone cleared out after Sum 41. I had a lot of fun! I would definitely go to Disrupt next year if they do it, which they probably won’t but you get the point

Edit: on second thought, I just saw some photos and videos and it looks like they still had a good crowd afterall

22. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

23. red8ge

Regular

lol damn that sucks

24. sam_might_say

25. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Not shocked about that. Shouldn't have had these shows in such gigantic places. Hopefully something better pops up next summer.