Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 28

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

We’ll know soon, but I’m guessing they’ll close off the lawn and let everyone into the seats.

2. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

They sent out E-mails in the last few days through Goldstar offering comp lawn tickets (of course not including the fees) but this venue is so far from the city and driving there during rush ahour is a nightmare that even free tickets won't get people to go through.

3. AMusial625

Regular

Yea there’s no way lawn sold out. I ended up getting comp tickets to 311/The Dirty Heads last weekend, and I was dead center about 20 rows back. There were maybe 10,000 people there. No way this sold better than that did.

4. Daniel182

One of my friends is already there at Tinley. He said that when he bought a beer, the lady told him that 4,000 tickets sold for today.

The venue's capacity is 28,000... :teethsmile:

Ben Buchnat and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  5. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Just walked in, not many people currently in the crowd for Trophy Eyes

Alao, i just walked in, no one checked if i even have a ticket

6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That's great haha That should be the new offer for this tour. If you can make the trek we'll let you in for free!

Michael G and zachmacD like this.
  7. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Also, they afe selling upgrades for 10 dollars and it's to the far side sections in the front

8. Daniel182

Any upgrades to pit?

9. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

No, already tried that. They are super strict about it. I even told her i paid loke 40 dollars more than the current pit price

10. Daniel182

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that.

11. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, she was having none of it

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for the initial venue discussions for this tour. Can't believe they thought these bands could even half-fill these venues.

Michael G and Brent like this.
  13. RogrStahlback Jul 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2019)
    RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

The lawn area is closed off, BTW.

Edit: GA tickets going for 6 dollars in Stubhub, Box tickets for 8.

Brent likes this.
  14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Circa Survive are about to go up and the attendance number is very sad.

I am in the 3rd row behind the pit, right in the middle and there like 5 other people in my row and 2 in the row behind me. The pit is about 40 percent full.

On a side note, most people in the pavilion werw sitting during Atreyu and it's kind of sad. I think i blocked a bunch of people's view of the stage but i don't feel sorry, not for a bit.

Pit is very mellow, so far.

Davjs likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If this was at the 8,000 capacity Northerly Island venue I probably would have hit this up, but it’s very hard to get me to go to Tinley. It has to be a can’t miss artist or band for me to go there.

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

They can stand if they really want to see. It's a rock concert for God's shake. They can sit at an Elton John show.

Michael G and JaggySnake83 like this.
  17. AMusial625

Regular

Just got home from the Tinley show. Seats actually filled in quite a bit for The Used and Sum 41. There were still probably only like 5-6,000 people there. Sum 41 and The Used we’re both wayyyyy better than I thought they would be. If you are on the fence about going, do it. I grabbed tickets for $6 off StubHub on the drive in.

JaggySnake83 and Daniel182 like this.
  18. Daniel182

I had a great time tonight as well. Paid $15 on Groupon back when this was announced, and it is completely worth it.

Brent and JaggySnake83 like this.
  19. bennjeff

Regular

I'm glad to see that most people that are going to this have said they are having a good time despite small crowd sizes. As someone pointed out selling 4k tickets even in a huge 20k amphitheater is more people than would see these bands headline. My question is, does anyone know how a tour like this pays the bands? I assume they all got guarantees to sign on and that ticket sales don't really have an impact of them making money aside from how much merch they can sale but admittedly I have no idea how this type or thing works.

Brent likes this.
  20. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Can’t speak for every festival but typically something like this a band relys on their guarantee which on tours like this is usually less than what they get on their own, because they usually play a shorter set and in most cases it’s assumed they will be playing for a different group of fans as usual and their merch. Ticket sales don’t really have anything to do with it.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I had an amazing time last night. Didn’t get there until right before Circa started. Their crowd was about on par for what would’ve been there if they were playing the amphitheater stage at Warped. They were so great I just wish they played later cus I would’ve liked it to be dark out for them.

Thrice was good, but idk they’re not exactly my thing I guess.

The Used was amazing. Whoever said they were clearly the headliner was definitely right the crowd lit up for them. I really only know like Bird and the Worm, Pretty Handsome Awkward, and Blood On My Hanss cus I never got that into them, but I had a blast and definitely want to go back and get more familiar with them cus I still had a great time.

Sum 41 was also great as usual. It was cool to see all these bands play with bigger production, which is really what drove the decision to do these venues I assume.

Honestly overall a great time.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

On the flip side Northerly Island is also a pain in the ass to get to and even worse to get out of, and doubly so for people coming from the suburbs which you have to figure is a large chunk of the target audience for this tour. It’s also much more an outdoor stage than amphitheater, and I feel like these bands work better in a more enclosed setting.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

A few personal notes from last night:

Trophy Eyes - There wasn't much crowd for them since it was early but i noticed that almost no one knew who they were.

Memphis May Fire - So awesome live. I slept 3 hours at night and i came straight from work and after their set i was ready to call it quits and go home super early (which is something that happens to me way to often. I always find myself going crazy at the earlier shows and then out of energy for the rest). I decided that this time i will play it smarter and it paid off.

Four Year Strong - I only knew 3 of their songs, i never really gotten into them much, but man, that was one of the wildest pits i have ever seen.

Sleeping With Sirens - Kellin's mic was barely working for the first 2 songs but they fixed it afterwards. They are much better live than i though they would be. Tons of energy.

Halfway through SWS's set i went to get something to eat before the main stage started. I sat down in my seat which was dead-middle, third row behind the pit (which sounds super close, but was still feeling a bit far). Suddenly i heard a very familiar alieny-like sound over the PA and i was shocked to hear Enter Shikari's Sorry Your'e Not A Winner, but it was the fucking demo version. That was probably my highlight of the day.

Atreyu - One of the shows i was looking forward most to see (already seen them twice but it's never enough). Most of the crowd in the pavilion was sitting down which pained me a little but i had too much fun to really care about it to a point where it hurts my experience. They delivered like always and it's still fun to see how people who are less familiar with them react to the Bon Jovi cover.

Circa Survive - My first time seeing them. I am a huge Saosin fan but never had a chance to see them live so this is my first time seeing Anthony Green on stage, and man, he is a freaking GOD. I wasn't expecting this to be so wild but the crowd in the pit (which was like 30 percent full at that point) got crazy and the energy levels were off the roof.

Thrice - Second time seeing them, first was with BMTH earlier this year. I am a big fan of their older stuff so i got a few songs there that were thrown in but still, i felt it was kind of underwhelming. There were 2-3 songs that the crowd were just standing there motionless, waiting for something to happen. I would expect some more older stuff especially with an older crowd base. Other than that, they were really tight. The negatives were more of a personal taste thing.

The Used - Was not expecting them to be so huge. By that time the lower area of the pavilion filled up with people who came down from the upper levels. The band was great live.

Side note: There were so many people trying to jump the barricade into the pit and it was so funny seeing the security guards running after them and sometime losing them in a circle pit. Security was really strict, there was a guy going through people that were sitting in the front rows or standing up against the barricade, asking to see tickets, just harrassing people with no evident reason.

Sum 41 - Left after 4 songs because i just wanted to get out of there at this point and my wife was driving me crazy with texts. I've seen them once already so i was fine with that. They were good. I hope that one day they will do "Pain For Pleasure" after "Fat Lip". When this day comes, i will tell my wife to get a grip and i'll stay until the end.

24. Daniel182

I was one of those people haha. Finally got over and made it in the pit about halfway into Sum 41’s set.

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  25. TMS2787

Trusted

I’m bummed I’m not seeing Thrice today.

I’m still debating on going to see Circa Survive tonight.