Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 27

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

During Sum 41 the front quarter of the pavillion filled up. The lawn was decently attended and there were a decent amount of people in the middle-back end of the pavillion, but definitely a gap in between. And I’m currently witnessing an insane amount of people likely leaving the show.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like some companies don’t like to admit defeat or that what they did needs to be changed. I wonder if the folks behind Disrupt will realize how bad this was and move it to smaller venues next year or will deny that it’s their fault for booking too big venues.

Brent likes this.
  3. bennjeff

Regular

The funny thing about the Boise date is that it isn't even in Boise. Granted it's only 20-30 minutes away but still. I have no idea how well it's sold but I doubt it's done well. I saw an ad for discounted tickets and I've heard maybe one radio commercial for it.

4. ALT/MSC/FAN Jul 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2019)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Sum 41 setlist

The Hell Song
    Motivation
    Over My Head
    We’re All to Blame
    Walking Disaster
    Out for Blood
    Fake My Own Death
    In Too Deep
    Fat Lip
    Still Waiting

They confirmed they’ll be touring in the fall too.

Brent likes this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn I wish we had Sum 41 at my date. That's a solid setlist.

Brent likes this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

So basically their set from Warped 2016 with three or so extra songs they play a lot anyway...

Brent and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  7. Michael G

Regular

Hearing them play Walking Disaster would be so much fun, total throwback

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Check my Twitter! @igotdefeverman

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Welp those pictures made me sad. Is there like 5 people in the pit for Atreyu? Suddenly my date doesnt seem so empty!

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I honestly think that yes they overshot the venues, but they’re still playing to crowds larger than they would be on their own. I feel like it’s easy to undercount the people at an event, especially when it’s overshadowed by a massive venue. There’s nothing sad about brining 3,000 people to your event but when it’s a 20,000 person venue it looks horrible. Basically I’m saying: yes just make it smaller venues next time and this is a solid event

Brent, theasteriskera and Michael G like this.
  11. Michael G

Regular

If this were at a park of some sort, this would be the event of the summer; but being at a half empty amphitheater just gives it the impression of being a failure

12. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Hoping to get a ticket on the cheap for Irvine next Saturday. Glad to know I should have no trouble walking up to the barricade for the main stage

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That’s an awesome setlist

14. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Every time I’ve seen sum 41 they opted to play Goddamn I’m Dead Again as opposed to Fake My Own Death so it was really cool to see them play the good song off that album this time. If you told me a few years ago that i’d be excited to attend a potential Sum 41 headliner, i’d be shocked. But after seeing them again last night in a festival setting, I am kinda ready to see a lengthy set from them!! Hopefully that fall tour is a good one. They are just a lot of fun.

15. Davjs

Trusted

Are you saying Goddamn I'm Dead Again is not a good song?

16. TMS2787

Trusted

Someone tweeted to Anthony Green about Circa and Thrice playing a show in or around Columbus since it was cancelled. I have low hopes but it might happen since he said “Working on it”. I guess we’ll see.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Circa Survive is playing The Phantasy in Cleveland on Saturday now

Will be a wild show

18. TMS2787

Trusted

Sum 41 is playing at the Newport Music Hall in Columbus on Saturday now.

No Thrice show it appears. Sigh.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I wish Sum played CLE instead but they did just play here lol

Was really hoping for FYS in CLE

20. TDenverFan

Regular

Sorta surprised Sum/Circa wouldn't just do a joint show

21. bkaeser93

Trusted

Andy Black/Juliet Simms/HTH are playing in Columbus to make up for the canceled show

Michael G likes this.
  22. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

After this fiasco, I highly doubt there will be a next year.

theasteriskera likes this.
  23. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Who's coming to Tinley Park today? It's usually a hot market so it would be interesting how this would draw.

I'm leaving work early for this, hopefully will get there in time for MMF.

Davjs likes this.
  24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'll be there today. Hoping to arrive just before Atreyu.

JaggySnake83 and Davjs like this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

The ticketmaster seating chart for today's show says that the lawn is sold out. Do we think that's the actual case, or did they just stop selling lawn tickets to try and fill up the seats?
    Cuz that lawn alone holds 17,000 people. If they sold all that out that's really impressive.