Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 24

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. heaththehorizon

Regular

They were so much better today than they were at warped tour, which is weird cause last weekend they had 10 thousand people popping off and tonight it was a third full all seated amp. but yes the whole vibe of the show was weird, saw tons of fights and crowd killing in the afternoon and just felt off during the main stage.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  2. Yeah it seemed like no one there wanted to be there

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

The turnout last night was pretty sad. There's no way there were more than 3,500 people there. I left as soon as Thrice ended though, so it could've filled up a bit during The Used.

I thought The Story So Far sounded amazing. Parker's vocals were on point.

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

The story so far are carrying this tour

5. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Last time I saw TSSF was at Warped 2016 and they were terrible. I think their performance for my date was the best I've ever seen them play live. I was very pleased.

6. Morgan

Morgan

Seems like there’s no Sum 41 on the lineup today.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Were they scheduled for today?

8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

When I last looked at the lineup, I was specifically checking when Sum 41 was starting so I could look for a setlist for them... it looked like MI is their first appearance.

9. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I thought the deal was that Sum 41 were playing all dates TSSF weren’t

10. Morgan

Morgan

I must be wrong then!

11. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Just got back from Hartford - this is the crowd during Circa Survive (1st of the 3 "headliners".)

Apparently this was one of the better attended dates thus far - the pit was basically full (quite a few people left after TSSF), the lower seats were decently filled too. Looked fuller in person than this picture does. I'd guess maybe 5-6K people in total. I had a good time overall, no real complaints. The crowds were a very weird mix of people, which was interesting - lots of meatheads who just wanted to hit people in the pit and lots of people who didn't know how to handle or act in a crowd.
    [​IMG]

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

At least you’re all enjoying it.

Also...

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

@Brent why are you obsessed with the attendance of this festival?

Brent likes this.
  14. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

He’s not the only one...

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I have family with money in this and we’re losing a bit on it. Fun times. Not everything pans out according to plan.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  16. Daniel182

I'm sorry to hear that. Did not realize.

17. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Guessing security were a bit over zealous? Why would they be IN the pit?

Brent likes this.
  18. Michael G

Regular

The attendance is about 90% of what this whole thread has been about

Oddjob, Brent and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  19. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Yeah for some reason during FYS they stood on the edge of the pit?? Didn’t see it at any other set.

Friends with the girl Shelby and basically what happened was security dragged her sister to the ground (for no reason apparently) and her boyfriend was yelling at security for touching her so they dragged him out of the venue by his head. A bunch of my friends saw it and said it was ugly. Incredibly uncalled for and unprofessional.

20. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Not surprised people are losing money. I assume all of these bands have decent guarantees that the attendance is struggling to cover let alone the cost to put on the show. Doubt they are paying much to book venues since its all live nation, but this tour still baffles me.

21. CTFFEMT93

Regular

5-6k isn’t bad at all attendance wise, but they really overshot it with these venues. Playing 20,000 seats amphitheater’s was a little too ambitious. Sad Summer is doing it in the right direction with smaller venues

22. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

attendance issues aside, this tour is pretty dope. It’s your loss if you aren’t attending it, ya know? I’m really happy they released cheaper pavillion tickets.. for $25 I get to see Thrice, Circa, and Sum 41? That’s insane. Seeing any one of them regularly costs at least $10 more after fees at the cheapest.

Michael G likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Have the venues pretty consistently been offering seat or pit upgrades? I’d be happy to upgrade from lawn for my date this Friday.

24. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This could've done so much better in 5-6K venues with $40 tickets. The biggest problem is that no one wants to see this bands in this big of venues.

Michael G and Brent like this.
  25. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

I think it's an even bigger problem that there aren't as many fans of this kind of music anymore. Diehard fans will see their favorite bands in any setting, but if every band on a festival shares the same pool of fans, there isn't a huge market of people to draw from. I completely agree that this should have been in smaller venues with a higher ticket price. Selling out smaller venues (not that 5-6k venues are small) looks better than selling empty amphitheaters, and it increases demand for future years.

Davjs likes this.