Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 19

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

To be fair I think this is a little misleading. Austin 360 never fills the pit to capacity and by the end the pit was at least 3/4 to its usual capacity, and if it was at capacity people would bitch at not having much room for a pit. By the time thrice and circa played the venue was relatively full.

This is not to say that the venue didn’t handle tickets poorly though - definitely denied people the chance to upgrade even though the 100 seats were pretty empty and the shadiest thing is how they handled Facebook - first they were charging full price for tickets on Facebook when their website had them for buy one get one free, and today they deleted the Facebook event to stop people from buying and selling cheap tickets.

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

A few more put together thoughts on yesterday:

- FYS sounded good as always despite the small crowd. I missed a couple of songs but know for sure they played Go down in history, find my way back, it must really suck, heroes get remembered, wasting time. Was bummed about stuck in the middle not making the cut. I was pretty stoked on seeing FYS until I saw JJR chilling side stage and that bummed me out. They played only about 30 minutes

- SWS is not my cup of tea, but they were pretty boring regardless. The way Kellin works his mic is interesting but all in all it was pretty dull. Set was a little over 25 minutes

- Memphis May Fire is a band I’ve had to see a ton in dallas as they came up and I never cared for them, plus their singer has always been a dick, but they sounded really good. They were down a guitarist / backing vocalist because of a family emergency and still sounded pretty tight.

- TSSF played a song for the first time, set was similar to the stuff on last fm. They sound a lot better than the last time I saw them but their stage presence is still so dull

- Circa was fucking awesome. I’m not familiar enough with their music to give a specific setlist, but I was blown away. Anthony worked the crowd and the band sounded really fucking good. Wish they swapped spots with thrice so their light show would have had more of an impact since the sun was still going down.

- Thrice sounded great and I’m glad I finally got to see them play full band, but the vibe totally shifted when they came on. People in the pit started fighting, even during slow songs, and eventually during Black Honey someone got hurt bad. Dustin stopped the show and the kid was on the ground and couldn’t move his limbs for a bit. After 15-20 minutes they got him on a stretcher and he was moving his legs. The crowd was awful for this, a lot of people were taking Snapchat videos of the kid on the ground and making jokes. Eventually they resumed and played their full set. The set on setlist.fm is accurate.

All in all it was a good time. Merch was expensive across the board, probably because of venue taking a cut, and the crowd only showed up for the last three bands, but I think it sold a lot better than expected. Day of sales seem to have played a decent role, kind of like warped.

bachna84 and Michael G like this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That's a shame about the crowd for Thrice. I've seen them 20 times probably and have only encountered 1 or 2 shows where the crowds were extra rowdy (not that I mind a rowdy crowd as long as people are respectful). Last headlining Thrice show I went to, there were no real pits per-se, just people jumping around and singing/dancing. Everyone was super cool to each other. Was a great time.

4. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah that’s a shame to hear about the Thrice crowd. I wouldn’t expect a group like that at one of their shows

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This is probably more of the haven’t seen Thrice in years kinda crowd or the I never go to shows anymore kinda crowd.

Brent and riotspray like this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yup, this is a nostalgia tour so the crowds are probably people that listened to Artist in the Ambulance and then stopped listening to Thrice.

Brent likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Has Thrice done an album tour? I highly doubt they'd ever do one for the first two, but maybe TAITA orVheissu and later.

8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

They have not. I'd give anything to see them play all 4 parts of the Alchemy Index live though.

9. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

man, hearing the debut of 'deeper wells' live... that song sounds heavy live. i just assumed it was austin as far as the injury goes. ever since tbeitbn, the crowds at the thrice shows i've been to in houston have been chill (other than the occasional deadbolt/silhouette/killing moon).

riotspray likes this.
  10. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

My band (Right Before Rain) was selected as a finalist to open the Denver date of Disrupt, but we have to play/win this "fun" battle of the bands. Tix are $5, but I will buy your ticket if you'll come support. Please let me know if you might be interested.

Attached Files:

TMS2787, riotspray and Cgarnsay like this.
  11. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

A friend of mine won 2 tickets that are on 4th row seated. Would I have any luck getting into the PIT?

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  12. Darth Annihilus

Regular

They sold 3k tickets for today in WPB. Also TSSF is still one of the most boring bands I've ever seen.

13. Darth Annihilus

Regular

This is right after TSSF IMG_20190625_194729675.jpg

14. btr

Trusted Supporter

Ya'll missed TSSF back in the Under Soil and Dirt/What You Don't See days. Those shows were always so hype

darkstorms139 and JaytotheGee like this.
  15. bkaeser93

Trusted

16. emojedi

Trusted

That GK tour with TWY was actual insanity. They used to be incredible live.

red8ge, deadwrong, tyler2tall and 2 others like this.
  17. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

19. Has anybody seen anything about upgrades for Holmdel?

20. Ryanjayreviews

Regular

Also went to the west palm show. There was like no one there. Also most people seemed to leave after the used. They seemed like the clear headliner

Michael G and Brent like this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Unrelated to attendance: I think the whole “battle of the bands” to get a local band on the bill that this festival is doing and Warped did is dumb. I feel like there are better ways for your band to get exposure.

I’m not in a band though and never have been so maybe my perspective on this is off.

theasteriskera likes this.
  22. TMS2787

Trusted

And I am still wondering how the GA tickets for Ohio are sold out. Lol.

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I think all Rockstar sponsored tours are cursed. Remember Mayhem a few years ago and it seemed to do worse than this one

24. Honestly still excited for this despite the low draw.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah I'm super stoked. a few weeks away baabbbyyyyy!