Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 17

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Michael G

Regular

Yeah they (promoters) know they can easily capitalize on the loss of Warped Tour, but it’s gonna take a few shots. I like Sad Summer and Disrupt and all the others like Summer Slaughter and what not but what I like even more is diversity of genres. If they could put these three together, I would be so happy. A little bit of deathcore, a little bit of pop punk, a little bit of MySpace-era rock

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

WHAT

Brent likes this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Haha amazing. Haven’t gotten any notification for MA yet but I’m sure it’ll come. Our recruiting office was talking about going to it today. This falls on my anniversary though so still wouldn’t attend it with free tickets.

4. Rootradical

Holmdel and Hartford both released 500 so MA should be next.

Brent likes this.
  5. btr

Trusted Supporter

Makes you really appreciate the Warped lineups and the festival as a whole. Amazing what they were able to pull off year in and year out

Brent and Michael G like this.
  6. emojedi

Trusted

where my setlists at >:(

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

It's literally day one of the tour... and the main stage acts haven't even started yet.

Edit: lol Pit tickets are only $30 now for MA, pretty much everything else is $10

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I mean, virtually no one is going to these shows. Not sure what you expected to get.

Brent likes this.
  9. emojedi

Trusted

Every setlist in detail plus what to expect in terms of fun banter.

Brent and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  10. Brent Jun 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2019)
    Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lol

Searched Disrupt Festival on twitter and found two people... got one reply...

11. Michael G

Regular

Has anyone been keeping up with their Instagram stories? The crowd for four year strong seemed pretty scarce

12. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Vettix offers free tickets to events for military and now first responders I believe. Usually the artist or venue donate a few but when you start seeing them put up 500 and above it’s just all about filling seats and trying to sell concessions.

Michael G likes this.
  13. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, VetTix has tickets for tomorrow's Austin show, too. So I'm sure VT will be giving them away for pretty much every date.

14. Michael G

Regular

Maybe it’s a good sign that they’re giving away tickets? Maybe they sold well enough to pay for everything they needed, and now they’re just giving some away for the sake of larger crowds? I hope?

15. TDenverFan

Regular

that's where I'm at. I like some of the bands on this, and most on Sad Summer, but I like having a few stages to choose from. I might go to this, but there's a lot of bands I don't care about/don't want to sit through. Even if it's not something quite the size/scale of Warped, something with at least a few stages would be nice, so there's a few options to choosefrom.

That said, SWS's crowd doesn't look that bad on the rockstar instagram

16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not looking too hot inside so far.

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

it's still early, but the venue is big and will be mostly empty anyways. I'd be at the show tonight for Thrice, but I decided to go to Static X instead since it's indoors

Davjs likes this.
  18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

19. sam_might_say

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

21. sam_might_say

22. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Sounds like good parents if they’re bringing their kids to see live music they like.

23. Michael G

Regular

Yikes, and Dallas is a huge city. I’d hate to see what the attendance is here in Albuquerque

24. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe VetTixers will help out since Fort Bliss is there.

25. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

That's not how it works. Promoters call it "papering" a show, if they start giving out tons of free tickets. If a show is tanking, they do this in hopes that people will use free tickets and spend more on bar/food. The costs just to open the doors at these sized venues is insane (security, power, cleanup staff, cops, stagehands, etc.) + guarantees for the artists/tour. There is no way promoters would give away tickets because "all their costs are covered"...otherwise, where would there be any profit?

JaytotheGee likes this.