Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rockstar Disrupt Festval: The Used / Thrice / Circa Survive / Sum 41 / TSSF / Atreyu / SWS / ETC Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Mar 23, 2019.

1. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

There was a show about 3 weeks ago in a smaller venue in Lombard, IL that i wasn't entirely sure about going. Once the show got announced it was said that it was going to sell out quickly. About 2 weeks before the show they posted a "low ticket" warning. I bought a ticket then and went. The place was about 20 percent full.

I hate when they do stuff like this. I get it that you are trying to sell shows but lying to your customers is a bad way of doing business.

theasteriskera and ryanfears like this.
  2. xthisislove

Regular

The used WILL be closing every night

Davjs likes this.
  3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Bristow, VA is now offering $14.99 lawn tickets & 2-for-1 GA Pavilion tickets for $22.50 each

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's almost like this was a terrible idea

5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yup. Way overshot the venues and there's no real headliner. This is like 1/5 of a warped tour lineup, and its hitting the same venues.

Michael G and ItsAndrew like this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If this hit the same size venues that Sad Summer was hitting it would do fine

7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

It's not the only big summer tour/festival that's hurting to sell tickets and offering huge discounts.

Later in June there's a big music, skating, motor sports, and beer festival near Long Beach, CA called Gnarlytown. The headliners are Pennywise and Rancid, Nitro Circus is providing entertainment, and tons of local beer places are setting up booths.

I think GA tickets originally went on sale for $75, but you can now get $20 GA tickets on Groupon or 4 tickets for $99 from the festival website.

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Sorry, I should have been more specific: The tour idea is fine. The venues are absolutely bonkers and totally unrealistic.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  9. DerekIsAGooner

I get what you mean. Even in the mid to late 2000s I doubt any of these bands could fill 15k plus amphitheaters. Outside of someone like BMTH or a My Chemical Romance reunion I'm not sure of anyone who could carry this tour.

10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

That’s super weird to me considering how well that type of music does down here

11. bkaeser93

Trusted

Like I didn’t expect this to do super fantastic but I did think it would sell better then it is. Seeing The Used, Circa Survive, Four Year Strong, Trophy Eyes, TSSF, and SWS all in one day is well worth it for me

Michael G likes this.
  12. DerekIsAGooner

Yeah, seriously.

I think it's being promoted really poorly. KLOS is putting on the festival, which confuses the hell out of me. Why is a classic rock station putting on a punk festival?

13. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

If I get standing GA for the Chula Vista date, I'll probably be able to get on the lawns no issue right? Maybe even unreserved seating if I'm lucky? Wanna stand for the bands I want, just not for all. Getting old & that.

14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Guaranteed the lawns gonna be closed for this show and everyone will be upgraded to seats. No way this sells well there.

15. sam_might_say

16. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that means we are probably getting 40 minute sets from the main ones...

17. cameoutswingin

Regular

TSSF are only on the shows that Sum 41 are not, FYI. So the main stage will have no more than 5 bands. So I could see up to 50 for them.

18. Wish TSSF were on the Festival stage, since it'll have a pit at PNC.

19. bkaeser93

Trusted

My date has 7 bands on the festival stage and 4 on main

20. btr

Trusted Supporter

This is a mess lmao

red8ge and Brent like this.
  21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

wait these dates are the legit amiptheaters right...not like the parking lot at these places? See to me that's what automatically drew me away from this.

Brent likes this.
  22. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I assume the festival stage might be in the parking lot, but yeah this is in big amiptheaters. This should be on a one and done tour that fails miserably.

If it went to venues like Punk In Drublic that have GA only tickets, tend to be smaller and not Live nation affiliated it might have a chance at drawing decently. Could see this lineup doing alright business for $45-50 if it was all general admission like Warped and got rid of the festival stage. There's no need for that stage when none of those bands draw well and older fans don't want to show up until later for Used/Thrice/Circa Sum 41/Atreyu. I'm assuming the festival stage will be a ghost town and super embarassing for bands that have fallen off like SWS and MMF lol

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I actually could see this getting reworked into a smaller scale, all GA sort of event next year after it fails in amphitheaters.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  24. sam_might_say

What if Rockstar was reading this thread right now and taking notes

Michael G, falafelmywaffle and Brent like this.
  25. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

There's no reason these shows shouldn't be selling 10,000 tickets or more per date.