Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rocketman (Dexter Fletcher, May 17, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Sep 28, 2018.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

much much better than the mess that was bohemian rhapsody. some absolute cheese, but the performances and tone were pretty great.

joe.boy.fresh. and michael_gatto like this.
  2. michael_gatto

Trusted

I really loved this. I thought Taron was excellent, as were the musical numbers.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I actually thought this was fantastic, doing it like a musical was a really inspired idea. Taran gave an absolutely amazing performance and I hate the fact that Rami Malek winning last year will probably reduce his chances of being nominated for this.

The musical numbers were easily the highlight, especially Saturday Night, Pinball Wizard and Rocketman

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Taron was great, so glad Tom Hardy didn't pan out he would have been so miscast
    I think they used Bernie Taupin a good amount, like he's integral to Elton's music but he's also fine being in the background
    I loved a lot of the musical numbers, even though with every biomusical/jukebox musical some of the songs are more organic than others, like Tiny Dancer was random but Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was seamless
    using Pinball Wizard was audacious even though he sang it considering The Who's Tommy
    this was definitely cheesy at times but so is Elton
    the two big things this was missing- the Donald Duck costume and I would have loved someone like Julie Taymor with more of a musical background to do something like this but I think Dexter did a good job
    also it would have been funny if they mentioned that We Built This City was cowritten by Bernie

Zilla likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Really liked this, wish I saw it on the big screen

6. Zach

Trusted Supporter

Super late but fuck this was good

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

won best original song, elton a GO

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hulu 5/22

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

also on prime same day

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

now on hulu and prime

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I enjoyed the movie. Definitely better than Bohemian Rhapsody. I’ve only heard a couple of his songs and knew a little bit about him before this.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this leaves hulu next week