Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rock N' Derby Festival

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by redwing91007, Mar 31, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

3. redwing91007

Decided not to make the trip for this, picked up Amnesia Rockfest tickets instead.

Anyone going?

4. Ruston

We considered doing the "local spot" contest for this. We found out that you had to sell at least 40 tickets at $15 a pop. Even better, you only would get to play 3 songs and one had to be a cover. Seemed excessive to me so we passed.

5. redwing91007

This sounds terrible. Even when my band played in contests that were just money making machines with zero upside for the bands we had more flexibility than this. You made a good call, just pure exploitation. Pay $600, play 2 original songs, no thanks.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

It is always interesting to hear what bands have to do to get onto festivals like these.

7. Ruston

Exactly my thoughts.

For sure. I expected it to be a bad deal. They always are for festivals like this. I feel bad for any bands that got roped into this one.

8. redwing91007

But at the same time, I'd think it would be super cool to play a festival with a ton of my favorite bands. I really like how they add local support for Heavy Montreal. They host a battle of the bands for a few months prior, introduced some local talent to a lot of people. But I guess they also got full half hour sets.

9. Ruston

I completely agree that opportunities for smaller bands to get exposure and play with bigger bands is very helpful all around, but this was too much.

redwing91007 likes this.
  10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Nice to see ADTR playing for 90 minutes. I wish they would play that long at Rock On The Range.

12. Morgan

Morgan

Wasn't gonna go, but probably heading there Saturday now..

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Things are really REVVING up leading to the Rock'N Derby this weekend. Excited to announce the Neil Westfall of A Day To Remember will be driving in the DEMOLITION DERBY. Demo Derby drivers..... WATCH OUT.

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Chevy Metal has decided they want to rock you twice! Saturday lineup has been changed...

[​IMG]

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Did anyone go? How was day 1?

16. Morgan

Morgan

It was alright. Lots of dads, and people who don't normally go to shows. A lot of the crowds were really tame until the end of the night when ADTR came on.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sounds similar to Rock on the Range. How did the demolition derby turn out?

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted