Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Rock Is Alive — But You Might Not Know It When You Hear It • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 25, 2018.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I’m all for recognizing new bands and stretching genre’s. Patronizing like children still ain’t making the Rock cut for FOB or their crappy new album that’s just as boring as the last one.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean he's right in the sense that Lil Uzi is the best rock musician making music. If we stick to most of your bland ass radio rock definition of the genre, there hasn't been an interesting band in forever. Everyone is all hype about that Greta Van Fleet band b/c they sound exactly like something from 40 years ago.

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

That’s willfully ignoring a lot of great bands currently out there that don’t rely on the same tropes as FOB do now. I also think a big part of the issue is that everyone is fully aware at how talented 3 of them are but that gets overshined by the glossy computerized sound they have now.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Ah yes, a pity those few talented members of Talking Heads had too much computer on Remain in Light. They could've been something!

5. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I need to learn to not engage. One day.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You keep using that word tropes and I'm not sure you know what it means. Call the album garbage, I don't really like it that much either, but all the other stuff you're spouting makes no sense. They can still be a good band and incorporate "computerized sound"

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

So you don’t even like the album, but just to keep arguing with me for no reason you’re gonna try and belittle what I’m saying? Or try to fight to get me to agree that this is a rock album just because? OK.

8. Love to throw tantrums about genres online.

OhTheWater likes this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idk how I wound up being the one defending computers this time!

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Who’s throwing tantrums? Any opinion that isn’t yours you belittle and talk down to. It’s beyond vain.

11. You. Look at your posts.

12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ha, not tantrums. You don’t like what I have to say and you belittle me for it. That’s what I call childish.

13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

FOB is more a rock band now then they ever were before.

14. ....

15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Easy choice.

Gonna listen to FOB.

Zoshchenko likes this.
  16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

05845141-CB73-4BCE-8477-0483D3724453.png

Yep, that’s me talking on a forum. Not having a tantrum. My opinion doesn’t line up with yours or a few others so I get called a child.

17. Why are you still going?

18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So, wait, where did someone call you a child?

Because a search of this thread for the word “child” reveals only your post. Soooo

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Saying that me defending my opinion is a tantrum and talking to me like I’m a kid. It’s because I’m not backing down when Tate and a few others try to oppress anything that goes against their opinion. It’s why the other people who shared the same opinion as me stop talking, happens all the time on here. Children throw tantrums. If you’re referring to me and my opinion as a tantrum that’s exactly what it comes across as.

20. This is literally the definition an adult temper tantrum. Fucking-a.

Yo, you come in saying something like "it still sucks and isn’t even remotely innovative" and then lose your mind when people call out that stupid statement. If you wanna offer a "different opinion" do it in a way that's not fucking childish and stupid.

21. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So, basically, no one called you a child. Got it.

22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Hey! Someone finally called you a child!

Big win!

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of rock music, does anyone think Counterparts would play circles around this band? Anyone at all?

carrytheweird likes this.
  24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Haha and I’m throwing tantrums? You must read everything I say in the most angry voice you possibly can in your head, probably mockingly as you go. The album is not appealing to me at all. I think it sucks compared to their older material. I’ve also commented on the potential these talented guys have, and how I think it’s wasted on computerized instruments and sounds. Then people call it rock cause that’s what Pete Wentz thinks it is? I find that hilarious and so do many others. You want to be a control freak and silence anything negative towards stuff you like, go ahead. Can’t imagine how well that works in real life.

25. You're still going? But don't call it a tantrum.

carrytheweird likes this.